Ceramic engine oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ceramic oil" available in 5w30, 5w40 as well as... 7.5w40. 🤔

There's a video on youtube of a guy pouring this stuff in his R8. It is white and looks like milkshake. I can't find any technical explanation about what it actually is and does. Have you ever heard about that? Is that a thing and i've been living under a rock? Maybe humor would have been the adequate section to post this? Have fun. 🍿

From one of the oil's TDS :

DESCRIPTION

VRX 5W30 is the very latest generation of engine oil. This product outperforms largely all traditional motor oils because of its unique formula: the very special mix of high performance synthetic ester based oils and high tech additives.This Ceramic Ester Composite technology is a synergy of two components:
1. Micro-ceramic particles: The micro-ceramic particles are very powerful solidlubricants that decrease the coefficient of friction and resist the highest oftemperatures.
2. Polarized synthetic Multi-Ester oils: The micro-ceramics particles are dispersedin different very specific synthetic ester oils.Together, they form an extremely resistant protective film that substantially reduceswear and friction. Even when the engine is not running, this film remains on theinternal parts of the engine, ensuring optimum protection during cold starting.

PROPERTIES

•Important fuel savings. (-4 to –7%).
•Substantial reduction of the internal friction (-41% according to TUVtest report nÆ PB 8141.198.08).
•Significant increase of power (+4 to +7%).
•Important reduction in oil consumption (up to –70%).
•Noticeable reduction of engine running noise.
•Keeps the engine cleaner.
•Improved cold start.

Last edited:
"Ceramic oil" available in 5w30, 5w40 as well as... 7.5w40. 🤔

There's a video on youtube of a guy pouring this stuff in his R8. It is white and looks like milkshake. I can't find any technical explanation about what it actually is and does. Have you ever heard about that? Is that a thing and i've been living under a rock? Maybe humor would have been the adequate section to post this? Have fun. 🍿

From one of the oil's TDS :

DESCRIPTION

VRX 5W30 is the very latest generation of engine oil. This product outperforms largely all traditional motor oils because of its unique formula: the very special mix of high performance synthetic ester based oils and high tech additives.This Ceramic Ester Composite technology is a synergy of two components:
1. Micro-ceramic particles: The micro-ceramic particles are very powerful solidlubricants that decrease the coefficient of friction and resist the highest oftemperatures.
2. Polarized synthetic Multi-Ester oils: The micro-ceramics particles are dispersedin different very specific synthetic ester oils.Together, they form an extremely resistant protective film that substantially reduceswear and friction. Even when the engine is not running, this film remains on theinternal parts of the engine, ensuring optimum protection during cold starting.

PROPERTIES

•Important fuel savings. (-4 to –7%).
•Substantial reduction of the internal friction (-41% according to TUVtest report nÆ PB 8141.198.08).
•Significant increase of power (+4 to +7%).
•Important reduction in oil consumption (up to –70%).
•Noticeable reduction of engine running noise.
•Keeps the engine cleaner.
•Improved cold start.
They can't even spell synthetic on their products page...

This is even worse. But wait, what am i thinking with my outdated Shell and Castrol! Yeah, oil that's been traversed by infrared light!
Yes which forms a protective membrane too. I am surprised no dilithium crystal molecules were blended in so the pistons are able to move at warp speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back