Ceramic engine oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
What nonsense?

Have you used the oil? can you prove it as nonsense? Flipside in every argument.
Like I said, not everyone is fooled by the nonsense. There is plenty in that website if you know what to look for. If you don't know what to look for then this is definitely the product for you.

Why is it that the claims by these entities are never backed up with standardized test results that demonstrate their fantastical claims? It's not as if there are no tests to show and prove those results, and presumably they have run them in order to make the claims they have made. Why not share the results of those tests with us the potential consumer? They do mention a test about the friction reduction so why not provide the report?

So you would advocate the usage of this oil solely by the website information and unsubstantiated claims? I didn't see the word "nano" being used, that's usually the kicker that wows the crowd.

Definitely would run this oil if it were locally available.

Along with this one too:

BTW, there were a couple automakers recommending a 7.5w oil in non-SAE countries. I've also used 3w and 2.5w marketed oils too.

Look, an automaker recommending a 7.5w30

7.5wwhat.jpg

Definitely would run this oil if it were locally available.

Along with this one too:

BTW, there were a couple automakers recommending a 7.5w oil in non-SAE countries. I've also used 3w and 2.5w marketed oils too.

Look, an automaker recommending a 7.5w30

View attachment 45917
Recommending non-existing oil ranges?

Here is something to get you started. Go look at the claims for the three ceramic products, notice anything interesting? The vague claims are the same for all three. That's your first clue that the whole thing is a bunch of malarky or that they are leaning heavily on the usual "up to" disclaimer.

Second and most fatal, all those claims of improvement - they are being compared to what? They don't say, so it could very well be that it is being compared to something like Penrite 25W-70 or Bullseye 10W30. In that case nearly every one of the "up to" claims could also be made for Mobil 1 5W-30. Not stating what the oil is being compared to is a typical charlatan move, if you compare it to water you look golden.

So you see right there that without standardized tests and actual published results you have nothing. That is of course where approvals and standards come in to play, at least there you know what the tests consist of and whether the oil fails or passes.

The last thing that's typical is making claims that cannot be verified outside a laboratory. Look at the list of supposed benefits of their oil, the only one that has any hope of being verified by you or me is the consumption one. But then again here it may be compared to a thin 20-grade in a worn engine. How does one know? Entities such as these jokers know we can't prove them right or wrong (in fact they chose numbers and "benefits" for this reason), so they can make claims all day long and no typical user will ever be able to determine if they are correct.

That is why it is nonsense. All of it.

Last edited:
distillates (petroleum), solvent-dewaxed heavy paraffinic . 50-100%
zinc bis[O-(6-methylheptyl)] bis[O-(sec-butyl)]bis(dithiophosphate) .1 to 1%

how is this even api SN? That's Group I motor oil?

Actually it is. What are the established viscosity ranges for the non-SAE grade designations?
That would need to be defined by the non-SAE grade blender. You simply ask them.
distillates (petroleum), solvent-dewaxed heavy paraffinic . 50-100%
zinc bis[O-(6-methylheptyl)] bis[O-(sec-butyl)]bis(dithiophosphate) .1 to 1%

how is this even api SN? That's Group I motor oil?
Unless you know the specific oils used, you can't call it a group1 or 2 or 3, and not all is given in an MSDS. Like that hasn't been argued here have the past 20 years and on the theoildrop before bitog

That would need to be defined by the non-SAE grade blender. You simply ask them.

Unless you know the specific oils used, you can't call it a group1 or 2 or 3, and not all is given in an MSDS. Like that hasn't been argued here have the past 20 years and on the theoildrop before bitog
are you specifically trying to troll? your arguments dont make sense. You remind me of this 85year old marine that I know that likes to fight anything he can .. even signs that are wrong at the grocery store. I took him shopping and he was arguing over 3cents (but he got 3 cents cheaper lol) IIRC the sign said 3for 9 but he was paying 2.99 each

Solvent dewaxing is a very old inferior process. anything with that much in it isnt a quality oil.

Also you cant simply make up grades of oil what winter rating is 7.5? There is no defending it. its just wrong.

Troll, looks like some are trolling me. I didn't start the thread and I'm not making fun of the brand of oil that I haven't used or tested. So, who is trolling?

Who TF has used this oil here? who has said something negative about it? the trolls.

And again, the MSDS doesn't mean a thing to me. Feel free to contact the blender for more info concerning their 'formulas' and marketing of their oils.

Troll, looks like some are trolling me. I didn't start the thread and I'm not making fun of the brand of oil that I haven't used or tested. So, who is trolling?

Who TF has used this oil here? who has said something negative about it? the trolls.

And again, the MSDS doesn't mean a thing to me. Feel free to contact the blender for more info concerning their 'formulas' and marketing of their oils.
Yes you are trolling. The whole “who has used this oil” is a massive straw man argument in all these discussions as I have noted above.

“TF” or not.

Go down to specs, it says SAE 7.5-40

There is no SAE 7.5

When they put things like that on the bottle, all credibility is in question, i would never use it or um try it.

1. Micro-ceramic particles: The micro-ceramic particles are very powerful solidlubricants that decrease the coefficient of friction and resist the highest oftemperatures.
2. Polarized synthetic Multi-Ester oils: The micro-ceramics particles are dispersedin different very specific synthetic ester oils.Together, they form an extremely resistant protective film that substantially reduceswear and friction. Even when the engine is not running, this film remains on theinternal parts of the engine, ensuring optimum protection during cold starting.
This sounds a lot like the 'ceramic additive' scam that was being sold in Europe in early 2000's, the difference was you were supposed to add it to your own motor oil. I guess this is basically the 'premix' version for newbies! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"Ceramic oil" available in 5w30, 5w40 as well as... 7.5w40. 🤔

There's a video on youtube of a guy pouring this stuff in his R8. It is white and looks like milkshake. I can't find any technical explanation about what it actually is and does. Have you ever heard about that? Is that a thing and i've been living under a rock? Maybe humor would have been the adequate section to post this? Have fun. 🍿

From one of the oil's TDS :

DESCRIPTION

VRX 5W30 is the very latest generation of engine oil. This product outperforms largely all traditional motor oils because of its unique formula: the very special mix of high performance synthetic ester based oils and high tech additives.This Ceramic Ester Composite technology is a synergy of two components:
1. Micro-ceramic particles: The micro-ceramic particles are very powerful solidlubricants that decrease the coefficient of friction and resist the highest oftemperatures.
2. Polarized synthetic Multi-Ester oils: The micro-ceramics particles are dispersedin different very specific synthetic ester oils.Together, they form an extremely resistant protective film that substantially reduceswear and friction. Even when the engine is not running, this film remains on theinternal parts of the engine, ensuring optimum protection during cold starting.

PROPERTIES

•Important fuel savings. (-4 to –7%).
•Substantial reduction of the internal friction (-41% according to TUVtest report nÆ PB 8141.198.08).
•Significant increase of power (+4 to +7%).
•Important reduction in oil consumption (up to –70%).
•Noticeable reduction of engine running noise.
•Keeps the engine cleaner.
•Improved cold start.
Hmmm, the only thing I've ever used white ceramic for is to ABRADE metal away from the edge of my knives. Not sure I'd be pouring that into a rotating metal machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back