Celica 02 Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I just bought this car last weekend 02 celica gt.
I need the advice from you guys to what oil should I use on this 02 celica gt 77K miles. I am planing to do an oil change this weekend. The previous owner told me that he took care of this car very good including OCI every 3-5k mile. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you have a Checker near you, they have Formula Shell for 50 cents a quart after rebate or Castrol GTX for 1 dollar per quart after rebate. I would just use one of those if you plan on continuing the 3-5k regimen.

Hey klvaleri, old ThirdeYe is a pretty smart guy considering he's from MI.
grin2.gif
That's good sound advise.

Well, I don't want to do OCI 3-5K but instead I want to get it up to 10K OCI. What would be good oil, filter should I use? I tempted to use Amsoil 5W20 with K&N filter for 10K OCI, any advices are appreciated.

Last edited:
On the 02 with those miles I would either go the Amsoil ALS 5W30 or their new Signature Series 0W30. I would also use the Amsoil EoO oil filter. That would be hard to beat for what you want to do.

sounds like a great idea. Amsoil is perfect for 10k OCI. although if you want to run 5W-20 (XLM), they only have that in the XL line... which is sort of the "less good" but still very good line. those are rated for 7500 miles. the one that can go super-long OCI is the 0W-20 (ASM). but that can easily go way beyond 10k.

oh yeah, forgot to mention, as johnny did, the amsoil EoO filter will be a rock solid performer.

with the ASL or SSO oil, you can run easy 15k OCI, if not longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back