Castrol's website is the worst ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they really anything beyond a marketing company? The sketchy information and lack of their own blending makes it look ilke they're outsourcing everything but the slogan dept.

"Unsurpassed protection against viscosity and thermal breakdown."
wink.gif

David

1Qt., I think you're right. They merely put their name on other people's oils. OK, maybe, they write specs ... but that's about it.
rolleyes.gif

BUT, it goes to show you how powerful marketing it is. People don't spend enough time thinking anymore. They merely go with the brand which provides the most sizzle.
frown.gif

--- Bror Jace

Well thats probably the case with their syntec oils but their GTX line is about as good as it gets for dino oils, that and Penzoil. For the oils that aren't actually their blends what company did the blending for them?
Jason

yeah their website does not give any information that people on this forum would like to see. But I have to say that for all of the negative criticism Castrol gets, they make a pretty decent conventional oil in GTX. Yeah their marketing BS leaves a bit to be desired, but there is no doubt they have some good chemists working for them who know something about oil. I am extremely impressed with their new 5w-20 conventional, sounds like a winner for anyone that wants to use that vis. I think Castrol does blend their own oil, I think that is all they do is blend, they purchase the base stocks from Shell or some other company, and then blend their own proprietary products. They are located around the world, so I guess it depends on how you look at them.

Whatever the quality of the oil, I've never seen a website from an oil company so completely devoid of any substance whatsoever. Type in 5w-20 in the search feature (if you can find it) and it comes up empty. Websites cost money to run, right? If you aren't going to do better than that, why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back