Castrol High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently tried Castrol High Mileage 10w-40 in an antique car with a leaky main seal. Can anyone with experience using a HM oil tell me approximately how long or how many miles I should need to go before it takes effect?

I used Castrol HM 10w40 in my 69 Chevelle last fall and ran it for about a month before storing it for the winter. I ran mobil 1 10w30 for a couple of months over the summer and it started leaking around the rear main seal pretty bad. It seams to be much better with the HM oil.

Every leak is different. Try a whole bottle of Valvoline Stop Leak (burgundy/rust color 15 oz bottle) with regular dino if this OCI doesn't stop it.

I have already tried the Valvoline Engine Stop Leak and it didn't seem to work. I know some others on BITOG have had some luck with the Castrol HM. I've only run it about 100 miles since the change.

I have ran it in muy son's 89 Corrola with
154,000 miles on it now for the last 2 years.
The car leaks some oil and the Castrol HM has
had no effect on it whatsoever

Depends what your antique car is....Many had a rope type seal and is not affected by seal softeners/swellers.Cars of the early '30's didn't even have a rear main seal.

I image that's the issue... It's a '67 Olds Cutlass. It does seem to be running a bit smoother on this oil, so I will probably stick with a HM oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back