Castrol Edge with Syntec, 5W-30 SN,what u think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have crossing the border and picking up Mobil 5w30 HM for my Sunfire (235000 kms) and Mobil 1 5w30 for my Sorento (106000 kms). Even at 28 bucks for 5 liters, excellent buy over ours at 48 bucks. However, in the Costco today, they had 6 liter boxes of Castrol Edge Syntec for 32 bucks. A rather good deal.
I know they changed the new SN stuff, is it any good. At that price, it may keep me from going across the border.
What do you guys think? Add pack similar to the M1 and M1 HM? Couldn't find any VOA on the new Castrol.
I have been contemplating even using the HM in my Sorento as that Add Pack is rather robust. How does the Castrol compare.. Please weigh in, opinions always welcome.

I really like the M1 HM. It didn`t shear out of grade as the RP I used did (via Blackstone uoa). Makes me believe M1 has a stronger base oil.

Last edited:
By the time you add in the hassle of crossing the border, fuel expense, and paying tolls ect, is it worth it to save a dollar or two on oil? Not really..

I stock up at Walmart in Bellingham when the opportunity presents itself. Usually, I'm in B'ham for some other reason, so bringing oil back is no extra work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back