A list of SN Add Packs and Amounts for Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting to see such disparity between 5W30EP and 0W40, despite both being SN oils. I may have to play naughty with the stuff for the caddy after my EP supply is exhausted.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: BobFout

That would be M1 0w40.
39.gif

Caught me another large mouth bass.
hooked.gif
lol.gif

The Bass of Truth
16.gif

Don't see those "other oils" used in hi-po cars
19.gif

Thank you very much for posting that. But, I am bit confused how come the Moly and Boron in the PYB are higher than PP and other Synthetic oils?

They could have better base oils and they don't need that much more additive to have the same performance. Also It could take away from the ability to have extended oil performance over a long interval for wear/cleanliness. Alot of synthetics also use organic additives that wont show up on a UOA because they're not metallic. With lower quality base oils it take more moly in pyb to create the same low wear as PP with only 50-60ppm moly. Also that was a UOA on the PYB, it could be a little residual from the previous oil fill.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06
They could have better base oils and they don't need that much more additive to have the same performance. Also It could take away from the ability to have extended oil performance over a long interval for wear/cleanliness. Alot of synthetics also use organic additives that wont show up on a UOA because they're not metallic. With lower quality base oils it take more moly in pyb to create the same low wear as PP with only 50-60ppm moly. Also that was a UOA on the PYB, it could be a little residual from the previous oil fill.

I agree with the points made here, your on to it more so than not, IMO.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Nice spreadsheet on some of the popular oils used on the forum. Thanks for your hard work. It is appreciated and will be a great source of information.

+1 ... Thank you!
thumbsup2.gif

Nice spread sheet. Nice to have it all together

Moly and Boron are getting used again even in synthetics and group II oils. We can't see which type of Boron, but the hexagonal type is a very good anti-wear slippery molecule. Often combined with the Sodium sulfonate detergent that is so good for eliminating sludge.

The problem with the sodium sulfonate detergent is your lab will tell you that you have a coolant leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back