castrol 5w20 for 2007 honda civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HBCALI
For me, the measure of quality oil is like the story of the "Turtle and the Hare". It's not about who appears to lead the race, it's about who remains consistent and proves themself over time - years, decades, even the century mark.

Which is exactly what Amsoil has done. Proven itself time and time again over 25+ years.

I personally treat Amsoil like i would any other synthetic oil manufacturer, say Mobil 1 for example with their EP line rated up to 15k miles.

I buy Top of the line Amsoil for the "feel good" factor and run it like i would any synthetic... 10-12k and do a UOA.

Amsoil's claim of 35k+ is when used with a Bypass filtration system. THEN the oil can be in good shape up to 35k and higher. I sure as heck wouldn't run it that high with just a regular Fram oil filter.

I forgot to add that most of Amsoil's high intervals are for "Normal" operation. That number is cut in half when doing severe service (which in today's packed roads is what we're all doing on a daily basis, SEVERE driving conditions)

Quote:
Quote:
just run amsoil and never change it
just change the filter once a year
and add when its low

Are you now the king of misinformation?

OT If not that, the leading candidate for King Troll.
56.gif
I'll say this, it's the synlube concept using Amsoil. No doubt would work much better than synlube. Still not great idea though.

Originally Posted By: Artem
My 07 EX reached 10k with -1,960 miles on the MM past 0%

Then you cannot turn the wrench off and it catches my eye too easily. The furthest I made it to is about -400 before I reset the MM.

Originally Posted By: cjhepburn
Originally Posted By: KJack

i see that you have an 08 Civic. what% is your oil monitoring system at when you reach 10,000

I just started doing 10k oil changes. I reset the MM when it got to 0% (8200 miles) because I don't know how it affects whatever else is being monitored by the MM.

ok, thanks for the info

Originally Posted By: Artem
My 07 EX reached 10k with -1,960 miles on the MM past 0%

IMG_0585.jpg

Originally Posted By: KJack
o ok. what oil do you run in your Civic

Was Using Mobil 1 EP on that run. Currently using Amsoil SSO 0w-30 for another 10k run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back