Castrol 0W-30 & 5W-30 Euro formula differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
0W is easier to get in Castrol European Formula than 5W. So from others have said here I can conclude that either 0W-30 OR 0w-40 will work just fine for me correct?

Like Kschachn said, 0W-30 and 0W-40 are nearly identical in operating viscosity. If you can get it for $5.50 a quart, I'd run the 0W-30.

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
Like Kschachn said, 0W-30 and 0W-40 are nearly identical in operating viscosity. If you can get it for $5.50 a quart, I'd run the 0W-30.

Thank you Sir.

looking on redlines site ALL OW oils have a noack of 9, the 5W20 is 8 aka less lighter base oils + 5-30 + up goes to 6. these REAL synthetics are synthesised + use the necessary components to reach the desired spec. although expensive they likely still factor in controlling the cost to make the product. Esters are said to be very expensive + likely used as needed. look at other high end oils like Motul you see even more costly products as they MAY use more of the costly polyol ester based oils. there are other esters as well + only the pro's will know the FULL truth about various formulations! looking at their RACE oils their 20W aka 5W20 has a noack of 6 + likely more Ester + is more $$, still looking their 5W DRAG RACE oils has a NOACK of 12 + recommended for oil temps UNDER 160F. so even Ester oils that are lighter have their limitations but when winning is the only thing + parts are changed MORE than our underware its whatever works-wins!!

Originally Posted by benjy
looking on redlines site ALL OW oils have a noack of 9, the 5W20 is 8 aka less lighter base oils + 5-30 + up goes to 6. these REAL synthetics are synthesised + use the necessary components to reach the desired spec. although expensive they likely still factor in controlling the cost to make the product. Esters are said to be very expensive + likely used as needed. look at other high end oils like Motul you see even more costly products as they MAY use more of the costly polyol ester based oils. there are other esters as well + only the pro's will know the FULL truth about various formulations! looking at their RACE oils their 20W aka 5W20 has a noack of 6 + likely more Ester + is more $$, still looking their 5W DRAG RACE oils has a NOACK of 12 + recommended for oil temps UNDER 160F. so even Ester oils that are lighter have their limitations but when winning is the only thing + parts are changed MORE than our underware its whatever works-wins!!

Can anybody translate all of this into English?
33.gif

Originally Posted by Patman

Can anybody translate all of this into English?
33.gif

He dropped a deuce in my Ravenol thread and then didn't come back to claim it
smirk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back