Car Battery Charger with Current Display?

The Victron one BeerCan posted earlier with bluetooth seems to have a lot of visualizations and configurability through the phone app. Not terribly expensive either. I might put it on my wish list.

Thanks all.

I don’t think I took away that the app could set the CV charge termination current, versus a time-based check and an unmentioned CV amperage value.

I don’t think I took away that the app could set the CV charge termination current, versus a time-based check and an unmentioned CV amperage value.
The VictronConnect app appears to have settings for things like tail current and current threshold, but I don't know if these apply to all their chargers or only to select ones.

9562-vc5-iphone-bmv-batterysettings.png

The VictronConnect app appears to have settings for things like tail current and current threshold, but I don't know if these apply to all their chargers or only to select ones.

9562-vc5-iphone-bmv-batterysettings.png
That looks more like one of the other chargers like the mppt. To get the regular battery charger pick the blue smart chargers for the demo. It's settings are CV and no CC options

Last edited:
It’s not what you asked for, but a bench power supply will allow you to charge at constant voltage and MANUALLY monitor current. After you get a feel for your battery you can pretty much set the unit at a constant 14.4VDC (not to exceed its max output) and then come back some time later when the battery is full, based on periodic monitoring and empirical data.

I just hooked my PSU up to my Legacy, which is driven most days of the week. Initial voltage was 12.58VDC. This is set in constant-voltage mode at 14.4XVDC.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Look at the Motomaster Nautilus in this thread:

Seems to have a smart current mode, that gets the value reported....

Look at the Motomaster Nautilus in this thread:

Seems to have a smart current mode, that gets the value reported....
Thanks. Looks like it's no longer made.

You can do it with a bluetooth enabled victron charger
on the more expensive side however

edit: better link

Nice discovery. Thanks.

I had a victron inverter once- very nice piece of kit.

I may have to buy one still absorbing the specs.

Back