Car audio gurus chime in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OilyWaterMIXER
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
To keep the sheet metal from vibrating. It's wasted energy.

It avoids license plate rattle, right? It doesn't affect the sound sound all?

I still have a single-channel amp I never used, someone stole my 10" sub before I ever got to use it. The amp is about 10 years old and I wonder if it is still good.

I'd bet your amp is fine. Amps usually don't go bad from not being used if it's been stored inside...

Originally Posted By: grampi
I like cars that have the speakers in the car with you. Could be a Roadmaster or Caprice Wagon, Golf, or like a Suburban or something. These all have great sound, since the speakers aren't sitting behind a trunk.

Lol! That's funny. A sub enclosure in the trunk IS in the car with you...do you think the car's interior is sealed off air tight from the trunk or something? It isn't. In fact I would bet a sub enclosure located in the trunk facing the rear of the vehicle would hit a lot harder than the same enclosure sitting in the back seat facing the front of the vehicle. It's the same effect as corner loading a sub in your living room...

Actually you want it against the back seat in the trunk facing the rear.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
To keep the sheet metal from vibrating. It's wasted energy.

It avoids license plate rattle, right? It doesn't affect the sound sound all?

I still have a single-channel amp I never used, someone stole my 10" sub before I ever got to use it. The amp is about 10 years old and I wonder if it is still good.

I'd bet your amp is fine. Amps usually don't go bad from not being used if it's been stored inside...

Yup, solid state. As long as it was kept dry and free of corrosion, it should be fine. I am still running amps that are 15+ years old.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
I like cars that have the speakers in the car with you. Could be a Roadmaster or Caprice Wagon, Golf, or like a Suburban or something. These all have great sound, since the speakers aren't sitting behind a trunk.

Lol! That's funny. A sub enclosure in the trunk IS in the car with you...do you think the car's interior is sealed off air tight from the trunk or something? It isn't. In fact I would bet a sub enclosure located in the trunk facing the rear of the vehicle would hit a lot harder than the same enclosure sitting in the back seat facing the front of the vehicle. It's the same effect as corner loading a sub in your living room...

Actually you want it against the back seat in the trunk facing the rear.

Yep, that's exactly where I put mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back