Car and Driver 10 best for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/23/car-and-driver-2011-10-best-winners-announced/

Car and Driver Names its 10Best Cars for 2011
Three American, three German, one Korean, and three Japanese brands win? the magazine's highest honor

November 23, 2010 - Ann Arbor, Michigan –

Car and Driver, the world's largest automotive enthusiast publication, today announced its 10Best Cars for 2011. Amid high-horsepower machinery such as the 556-hp Cadillac CTS-V, the editors at Car and Driver included an electrically powered vehicle for the first time ever-the groundbreaking Chevrolet Volt.

"Our 10Best award celebrates the best cars on sale in America for less than $80,000," said Car and Driver VP/editor-in-chief, Eddie Alterman. "In our testing," Alterman continued, "we are looking for those automobiles that deliver spectacular value, real driver engagement, and the highest fulfillment of their intended missions. Our testing takes place over a week on real roads in the real world, marshalling more than 60 new test cars and our entire editorial staff. It's a real workout, and the best cars on the market emerge victorious."

Below is the list of Car and Driver's 10Best Cars for 2011:

BMW 3-series/M3
Cadillac CTS-V
Chevrolet Volt
Ford Mustang GT
Honda Accord
Honda Fit
Hyundai Sonata
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Porsche Boxster/Cayman
Volkswagen Golf/GTI

For the complete story, check out the January issue of Car and Driver, or head to caranddriver.com.

Originally Posted By: jona20062000
the editors at Car and Driver included an electrically powered vehicle for the first time ever-the groundbreaking Chevrolet Volt.

"Our 10Best award celebrates the best cars on sale in America for less than $80,000," said Car and Driver VP/editor-in-chief, Eddie Alterman. "In our testing," Alterman continued, "we are looking for those automobiles that deliver spectacular value, real driver engagement, and the highest fulfillment of their intended missions..."

Below is the list of Car and Driver's 10Best Cars for 2011:

BMW 3-series/M3
Cadillac CTS-V
Chevrolet Volt
Ford Mustang GT
Honda Accord
Honda Fit
Hyundai Sonata
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Porsche Boxster/Cayman
Volkswagen Golf/GTI

What a pantload!

spectacular value + real driver engagement + fulfillment of intended mission = 2011 Mustang GT...

UNLESS...you are a C&D hack who sleeps with GM management and has heart palpitations when driving something with a battery!

I would love to know how the Volt got in there for anything but political or advertising reasons.It hasn't been out long enough for anyone to do any long term testing.

Subjective opinions have no practical value in the real world. No one knows how these cars are going to perform over the long term and how trouble free they may/may not be. Who knows how their opinions might be biased by the amount of advertising purchased by some of the manufacturers. I certainly would not buy a car based solely on their recommendation.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
No Toyota in there......hmmm

Remember, they're listing cars that they found interesting...

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Originally Posted By: ZZman
No Toyota in there......hmmm

Remember, they're listing cars that they found interesting...

LOL!

roscoe 10 -- your post is the most intelligent one that i've read in about a month.intelligent and factual.qualities that seem to be getting more scarce over time. have a good night.

Originally Posted By: Roscoe10
Subjective opinions have no practical value in the real world. No one knows how these cars are going to perform over the long term and how trouble free they may/may not be. Who knows how their opinions might be biased by the amount of advertising purchased by some of the manufacturers. I certainly would not buy a car based solely on their recommendation.

Car and Driver has never once mentioned long term reliability in their 10 best list.
I think subjective opinions do have a very real place in this world. I want to know how a car feels. is it fun to drive. How does it compare to other cars in it's class.

The irony of people blasting Consumer reports for their survey about long term reliability, and then these post is great!

I think you're a fool if you buy any thing solely on a single recommendation.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
How much does Accord pay to C&D? Somehow, it always manages to make it in regardless.

I think the Accord deserved most of its run as best "driver's" affordable family sedan. But now somehow the Sonata is also the best. I don't understand that. Pick one and put in something else from a different category.

I'm sure the Volt is the best serial hybrid and plug-in hybrid available, and probably also the best electric car. But it doesn't really have any competition, so it seems kind of silly to dedicate one of the ten spots to it. Especially considering how little real-world experience it has. I've never seen one though. Maybe it is that good.

I haven't read the article. I'm waiting for the print version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back