Can't smell a thing

I have not been able to smell since I was about 40 years old. Chronic sinus problems with polyps. After 4 sinus surgeries I have no smell sensors left. I choose food by texture. Only thing I can taste is salt and pepper.

I have not been able to smell since I was about 40 years old. Chronic sinus problems with polyps. After 4 sinus surgeries I have no smell sensors left. I choose food by texture. Only thing I can taste is salt and pepper.
So do you eat healthy but nasty tasting / smelling food like broccoli and arugula?

Oy. I thought I had maybe gotten a sinus infection from getting some bacteria up my nose while surfing but the symptoms are missing. My taste buds work all right. Yesterday, my wife repeatedly pointed out the smell of skunk while we were going places and I never smelt anything. I also did a sniff test with various substances at home. I barely smelt anything. I feel fresh as a daisy, though. 🤔
Get a Covid test if you wish, many people do not get symptoms and the new ones are very mild for most people or wait it out see if it goes away in a month or two.

I actually like the skunk scent. Reminds me of deer hunting with a bow and sitting in a tree stand.
I used skunk for a cover scent.

If that happened to me i'd be skinny as a rail :)

My wife lost her taste and smell many years ago when we went to visit my daughter in Mississippi. Took years to get it back. We had a lot of tests done. They couldn't find anything. Please get it checked out though it "could" be a symptom of something serious. Very unlikely but better to be safe than sorry

I couldn't taste or smell for about 45 days I never knew what I had iit was weird but felt great
If you didn't test for the "C" and you were out and about with other people you certainly didn't do anybody any favors.

If you didn't test for the "C" and you were out and about with other people you certainly didn't do anybody any favors.
Felt great healthy I have no idea why I last taste just weird life goes on.

I had "it" 2yrs ago. Still some smells are different. Some meat smells rotten even though it ain't. My wife smells it for me. I don't think she would lie to me.:eek:

Back