Canadian Smoke

It’s crazy, family members from Connecticut, northern New Jersey, and Long Island are complaining.
You can barely see the Statue of Liberty. I was just sent pictures.
It’s called forest management I can’t even imagine the amount of pollution that forest fires in general add to our atmosphere.

Last edited:
Current radar shows swaths of KY, TN, and NC receiving rain.
That’s a wide area, not a cloud in the sky here at the North Carolina shore, l
took this picture just right now 🤗
IMG_3378.jpeg

It’s crazy, family members from Connecticut, northern New Jersey, and Long Island are complaining.
You can barely see the Statue of Liberty. I was just sent pictures.
It’s called forest management I can’t even imagine the amount of pollution that forest fires in general produce and add to our atmosphere.
Got a text alert from my town in North Jersey last evening telling us that the smoke/haze is from the Canadian wildfires. I got the impression from the message that the local fire dept was receiving quite a few calls from people reporting that something was burning.

That's how it was here in the PNW the summers of 20 and 21. There were fires all over the West Coast and up into Canada.

I remember the air being so thick that the visibility was way down. During the big Ehli Hill fire in Sumner and Bonney Lake the visibility was about 100 feet as we were very close to that blaze.

It’s really dry again this year. Lots of smaller fires everywhere and it could be a repeat.

It's really bad in the Buffalo NY area. The sun has been hazed out for 3 days now and it gives you a headache and sinus discomfort to be outside for any length of time. Vehicles all have a brownish-orange dust on them like the old Bethlehem steel plant days. We haven't had rain in like 6 weeks.

I'm down in the coastal Hampton Roads area of Virginia and the air looks hazy from the Canadian wildfire smoke and smells faintly pungent like gumwood trees burning. A bit irritating to the eyes and you can smell it in your clothing after taking the dog for a long walk.

It's really bad in the Buffalo NY area. The sun has been hazed out for 3 days now and it gives you a headache and sinus discomfort to be outside for any length of time. Vehicles all have a brownish-orange dust on them like the old Bethlehem steel plant days. We haven't had rain in like 6 weeks.
Gonna have to mask up.....again! It's so orange where I am in North Jersey, it looks like the scene from Seinfeld when Kenny Roger's Roasted Chicken opens up across the street from Jerry's apartment!

Here in eastern WV the grass is burned brown due to drought. Is anybody in the US getting any rain?
Here is rain map for the last 7 days. You can change number of days and zoom in here: https://water.weather.gov/precip/

We got about 3/4 inch last night - but from the maps it was a very localized thunder storm. I would say coastal SC is about normal YTD, or at least I haven't had to water my lawn much and its nice and green.

1686162643488.jpg

Back