Can you recommend a gas grill for around $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through a gas grill and a charcoal smoker. Each has pros and cons. Neighbor convinced me to go with a pellet grill (ie..Camp Chef, Traeger) which BBQs, bakes, and smokes all in one unit. Got mine (arriving tomorrow) from campsaver.com. With sales tax, free shipping, and help of an online coupon, I got it for $341 total. Not too much more than you're looking at.

Read up on the Webers.I bought a char-broil infrared 3 yrs ago,and although I love how they cook, they don't take long to rust.This time I bought a portable Weber, one simple oval burner and has an aluminum firebox.Nice thick cast iron grates.

I just bought a new Char-Broil grill at Lowe's back in May. It's very good quality and has more than enough grill surface area, plus a side burner for a pot of beans or corn on the cob. It was easy to assemble, there is a Youtube video of a guy assembling the exact same grill, the video helped a lot. I paid $149.00 for mine, it is on sale now for $159.00, regular price is $199.00. I have grilled steaks and hot dogs on it so far, and it works great.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-Perf...rner/1000169851

Youtube video:

Problem with the char broil is that the burner supports rust out first. Same goes for most cheap-ish grills..ie Sears branded kenmores. You might stretch to get 5 years out of it. I too would recommend Weber or Napoleon, problem is, you wont get alot for 3 bills.

I was going to suggest a lower end Weber like the Spirit E310, but I'm seeing they're closer to $500 these days. Not sure if you can catch one on sale for significantly less.

Mine is now 8 years old and still running fine. I upgraded the flavorizer bars and grates, but the burners are still original.

hunt for a weber, I finally gave up on my 15 year old weber, found a 2 year old weber s210 for $180 on craigslist in great shape. they are out there if you look and have some patience.

I bought a used Weber this year, too. It cleaned up nicely and works great.

I've had a Char-Broil gas grill for about 17 years and it still works well. I had to replace the stainless steel burners and the tent over them 5 years ago as they rusted out. But the parts are available and are not very expensive.

Weber Spirit e series, you cant go wrong and will save you money in the long term because it will last far longer then anything else.
Some of the lower cost ones have porcelain grates which are fine but we did have to replace those after maybe 5 years and chose the cast iron. No big deal, Weber parts EASY to buy, that is all this grill has needed for, gosh, 8 or more years now, still same burners etc

Last edited:
Weber Q is my recommendation. The other weber, char broil, etc. grills are really bulky and a waste of space. IMO the smaller footprint of the Q allows for it to be more out of sight/out of mind. I don't consider even a $1000 fancy grill to be a centerpiece of any decorating scheme...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back