Can you change health insurance plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Health care is a complicated issue. There are no easy answers.
I have so many friends who struggle with health and associated costs.

I agree the current system is not working, at least for so many.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Things like heart disease, cancer and a few others can be caused by obesity. Obesity rates go up every year. I wonder if the ones complaining about costs are overweight.

I'm not exactly a model of fitness, but there's a reason why my work gives you a $480/year break on your contribution(regardless of what level plan you're enrolled in) if you get an annual physical and then even do basic things like take the time to take a walk every day or do some other form of excercise.

I'm sure the actuaries somewhere have sat down and figured up that the folks who do that program probably save far more than that amount in health care costs over the course of their time enrolled and contribute to making the plan less expensive for everyone.

Originally Posted By: bunnspecial
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Things like heart disease, cancer and a few others can be caused by obesity. Obesity rates go up every year. I wonder if the ones complaining about costs are overweight.

I'm not exactly a model of fitness, but there's a reason why my work gives you a $480/year break on your contribution(regardless of what level plan you're enrolled in) if you get an annual physical and then even do basic things like take the time to take a walk every day or do some other form of excercise.

I'm sure the actuaries somewhere have sat down and figured up that the folks who do that program probably save far more than that amount in health care costs over the course of their time enrolled and contribute to making the plan less expensive for everyone.

At the present time under the ACA- weight, pre-exisitng conditions,etc. cannot be factored in to individuals in the form of higher costs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back