Caliper piston push back tool?

What do you folks to push the caliper piston back in on vehicles? I use a c clamp or a craftsman push back tool I had for ages. Wondering what you use for ones that are reverse winding like Ford transit cans use.

Thank You

You can rent the tool for the rear. I've also seen a universal cube with different spacing on each side to bite in to the piston. I've also seen kits for sale for less than $50 & they'd service multiple different makes with the adapters it contains

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210605-115806_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210605-115806_Facebook.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 10
For the fronts my big channel locks against an old pad is my go to; I also have the Cheapo Spreader.
For the Honda twist backs, a kit would be nice, but I have free rented the OReilly kit.
Last time I just took my pickle fork and twisted them back.

The universal cubes were fairly cheap at the auto parts store. On my old Taurus wagon (then at 190,000 miles, original rear brakes), the rear caliper pistons would not retract with that tool no matter how much I turned it, so I ended up replacing both rear calipers. Those were fairly cheap, ~$50 each, so you might consider just replacing the rear calipers.

many mechanics that i know, release the bleed valve, so they do not push dirty fluid back through the ABS. if you don't borrow the tool, i always used a c-clamp pressed against an old pad to prevent piston damage. Phenolic pistons can be easily damaged.

I love my Brembos. Needle nose and big screwdriver. Takes longer to take the tire off and put back on than swap pads.

Thread on windback tools here.

I have this one.

I bought a wind back kit on Amazon for $35 for the Mazda. A C clamp won’t work because they have a thread for the parking brake. C clamp is fine for the fronts.

I used the cube for a lot of years. Works most of the time but can be a little annoying on some calipers. I bought the bigger sets because Volvo and MINI went to a piston with 3 slots in it that I couldnt push back with the cube

On front brakes apply large C clamp before taking anything apart, or before taking anything apart pry between the old pad and the rotor (if you're also replacing rotors)

Back