California Water Blade??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use these? Safe?

I've used one for the past year. Seems to work excellent at speeding up the 'drying' process..and allows for a single pass with a towel afterwards to dry.

Not sure if it leads to an increase in scratching since I wax the car after each wash anyway. I would say yes, but only very minimally (<5%)...definately worth the time savings though...any comments??

I use it on every single car I wash, whether its mine or a customer's car I'm detailing. The only time I've had a problem is when I let it slip out of my hand and the handle part of the blade hit my car and left a plastic smudge. 15 seconds with a light polish and it was like it never happened.

Some people are paranoid about water blades but used with a little common sense, they work very very well. I use it to remove 2/3 of the water on a car and follow up with a microfiber towel (see my post in your other thread) and I get a perfectly dry, clean, spot-free, perfect looking perfect car.

I have used mine all summer.. I like it because it does not leave any lint dehind, nor little water marks if your chammy is getting a little to water loged.
J

Used one for years, but MAKE SURE YOU CAR IS CLEAN before dragging anything across the surface, even your bare hand.

I've used one for several years and noticed no scratches from it, but I wax only two times a year. Sure does speed up the drying process.

I've used a CWB for a year now and am satisfied with the results. To ensure that I'm not dragging any particles, I wipe down the blade with a clean down between each pass. I also alternate the side I use after each pass. After I'm done with the CWB, I dry the car off with a waffle weave MF towel.
\
If you want frictionless free method, try using a leaf blower.

Some people get really paranoid and bent out of shape with the idea of this tool, but I've been using it for over a year now (almost 2 years? Can't remember
tongue.gif
) and I've yet to notice any swirls or scratches that are attributable to using the Water Blade. I am very consistent with my motions when using it, and any new scratches or swirls that I get (which are inevitable) could not have been caused by it. Some well-respected detailers I know, like Bretfraz, use this tool all the time even with their personal vehicles.

Just make sure everything is clean and you'll be okay. Be sure to wash the car throughly and don't miss any areas you will be blading. Check the blade once in a while by running your fingers over it, clean it just before use, and try not to use it in dusty/windy conditions where dirt can settle on the car before you can get it dry. Sometime I'll hose the car down again just before blading if I'm worried about this.

I really like the California Blade thingy. There are 2 different kinds. I've only ever seen people talk about the big one, but the regular one with the smaller handle has a blade that is almost the same size. The blade extends well past the handle, so it's almost impossible to scratch anything.

-

(big one)

-

(smaller one)

I'd like to try the blade someday, but my Absorber works just fine.

I'm afraid I'd let the blade slip and scratch my car no doubt.
tongue.gif

Yeah, I only use the California Blade to get large amounts of water off the hood/roof/trunk. It's great for that, though. You get the majority of water off your car in about 15 sec. without soaking a towel.

i have both, the california water blade(the original, not the short one) is my favorite to use on a car. However, i follow up drying with a waffle weave microfiber towel to dry the rest of the car. use the water blade for 90% of the water, then use the ww mf for drying the rest to get a spot free car. Also, the absorber needs to be followed up with a ww mf because it doesn't dry completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back