CAFE axles of Bronco

Lubed for life like some of the electromagnetic clutches that some automakers use attached to rear diffs, transfer cases, transmissions,... for AWD systems. Its great when it fails under warranty. It just means that an owner will have to find a salvage yard part or sell a kidney to pay for the replacement outside of warranty. Has Dana, Ford, or any automaker defined 'life' yet? car payment loan time? lease time? warranty time?

I've seen the new Bronco and wasn't impressed. I prefer the full size Bronco from `77-95. Don't care for the Brono-II or the smaller original Bronco. Another disposable vehicle for the clueless masses!

Dana's version of the GKN Twinster.

If it performs like GKN's unit, it'll be one of the more capable AWD systems on the market. Unfortunately for Bronco Sport purchasers, it's only available with the most expensive Badlands trim.

I've seen a few Bronco Sport in the wild. They're smaller than I expected. A quick look at the specs confirmed: It's sized right between the Jeep Renegade and Jeep Cherokee.

I've seen a few Bronco Sport in the wild. They're smaller than I expected. A quick look at the specs confirmed: It's sized right between the Jeep Renegade and Jeep Cherokee.
psst... it's an escape...with a fancy bodykit.... made in mexico.

what i mean it's the C2 platform, same as underpins the current Escape/Kuga, Focus, and Lincoln Corsair

They're singing the praises of a design that Honda has been using in the same basic form since 2005? A rear differential with clutches on each output isn't unique. I haven't looked at them, but I'm sure some of the germans have been using a similar design as well.

How's 'lubed for life' working for all those Ford PTU's out there?

They're singing the praises of a design that Honda has been using in the same basic form since 2005? A rear differential with clutches on each output isn't unique. I haven't looked at them, but I'm sure some of the germans have been using a similar design as well.

How's 'lubed for life' working for all those Ford PTU's out there?
Honda got the VTM system from the Germans. Honda also had a lubed-for-life center member in 2003 Pilots which has a good reputation for reliability, but it was eliminated on later model years... or at least, the separated lube aspect was.

Has Dana, Ford, or any automaker defined 'life' yet? car payment loan time? lease time? warranty time?

Ford would prefer that you repeatedly bought their $80k vehicles every 2 years at the most.. 18 months would really help out their quarterly financial statement performance.

That's how we can be good consumers in this day and age.

🧟‍♂️

Don't these clutches wear over time, of which the wear material would get in the fluid? And with such a small liquid volume, I would imagine it to slowly get contaminated with clutch material in addition to the wear metals. So not entirely sure how they can call this lubed for life.

We haven't seen this fluid yet – fluid first! It may answer one or two of our questions. At least we'd know its colour...

Back