Cabin air filter Help

Looking for a cabin air filter that would be equivalent, to OE which is Motorcraft, I know going with a carbon filter or a Hepa filter I'm going to deplete airflow. I tried TYC and Eco Guard and that was like having toilet paper in there..

Something decent equivalent to Motorcraft, which isn't basically toilet paper.. I have COPD and asthma.

Thank you..

I remember the dawn of CAFs.
TYC made the absolute cheapest filtering items I had ever seen.
They were in a POS display in what I later learned was a cheap quality parts distributor.
They were little more than roll-formed paper towels but I think they upped their game since.

If avoiding OEM prices is your goal, try any known name such as WIX, FRAM, Purolater.
Sometimes they're part of "bundle specials"
CAFs are one thing you can buy online with a lower exposure to drama.
I've used them all and they don't choke off air flow.

What year, what car?

I have always heard charcoal filters, restrict airflow. I used Ford Motorcraft filters for years, now the prices, are over $20 each. I quit buying them when they were $14. And that was back in 2020 never had a problem with them.
I have a 13 Ford Edge.. a couple people have recommended that EP Auto brand..

I have no idea why, but I've found the GM OE's to be super expensive ($23+?). But there doesn't seem to be that much savings with aftermarket, either. So I've gotten AC Delco when there's a rebate.

With the Lexus, I've used Denso aftermarket, and it's so cheap, I think $8....just checked now $10.50. We used to wonder is it smart to stock autoparts? Today, looking back 5 years, very smart. My wife's OE rear brake rotor has gone from $56 to $90 (discount price). Engine mounts even worse.

I have no idea why, but I've found the GM OE's to be super expensive ($23+?). But there doesn't seem to be that much savings with aftermarket, either. So I've gotten AC Delco when there's a rebate.

With the Lexus, I've used Denso aftermarket, and it's so cheap, I think $8....just checked now $10.50. We used to wonder is it smart to stock autoparts? Today, looking back 5 years, very smart. My wife's OE rear brake rotor has gone from $56 to $90 (discount price). Engine mounts even worse.
I have contemplated getting a Denso for my vehicle since they are reasonably priced..

I have contemplated getting a Denso for my vehicle since they are reasonably priced..
I see absolutely nothing wrong with Denso, I've used it for about 6 years now. I wish they had one for the GM and priced like that.

It's going to be a little while before I can report back, because I'm not going to be able to do any automotive work for a couple months yet, until I get cleared from my surgery since I just had back surgery..

Back