Puroma Amazon Cabin Filter?

I've noticed on the warmer days the airflow seems less from my AC. It could be my imagination after months of cold weather. However, I popped a Fram Fresh Breeze in last fall after forest fire season and was running heat all winter. Anyone else noticed if the Fresh Breeze restrict airflow or is it just my imagination or AC losing cooling capacity?

I bought a cheap Puroma off Amazon. Like $8.50 one-day shipping. I really don't care about my cabin air filter, just want it to keep crud from getting into the motor and such. Hoping cheap means high airflow. Of course, now we're cold again so it'll be a while before I get to test the new one.

Advice, ideas, opinions? If it still seems underperforming, I may have to *gasp* check into the AC system...hopefully that's not it.

Last edited:
I've used the fresh breeze before and yes I noticed it limited the air flow much more than stock filters. you're not imagining that at all. I did buy that Puroma but sent it back since my friend got rid of the car it was going into.. great timing! but.. I did see the quality and it was nice, but too thick? hmm.. you should see how the air flow is with that Puroma.

If the AC still blows cold, it's working fine. You would've also noticed reduced airflow of the heat in the winter when it's cold.

It could possibly be a dirty, restricted filter vs a new clean filter. How many miles have you driven in the 9 months or so since you replaced it? Did the car spend lots of time sitting outdoors, under trees, etc? :unsure:

take pictures of the old and new filters to compare :D

If the AC still blows cold, it's working fine. You would've also noticed reduced airflow of the heat in the winter when it's cold.

It could possibly be a dirty, restricted filter vs a new clean filter. How many miles have you driven in the 9 months or so since you replaced it? Did the car spend lots of time sitting outdoors, under trees, etc? :unsure:

take pictures of the old and new filters to compare :D
About 5600 miles on the cabin filter. I rarely care much about heat and keep it on the feet setting so don't really feel it. Where I live it might be like 32-45 for lows in the winter. I'm used to the Upper Midwest cold so...

The filter looks "clean". Not much debris on it. They're gray because of the charcoal or whatever the Fresh Breeze has. So I can't really tell about "restriction" visually. I normally change it about once per year (15-20k) but think I might swap this early.

Back