C&D - WRX vs GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MCompact
I find it interesting that neither car holds a significant performance advantage over my 2007 MS3; I do like the GTI's interior and heated seats, but if I'm dropping $28k on a car I think I'd be looking at a used 135i or Z4 M Coupe.
That said, both cars would definitely be a hoot to own...

Exactly. Personally neither would get my money, as i feel there are other more interesting choices out there...

Been very happy with my GTI. Without a doubt best car I've owned. I have 51K miles on it and had to replace the PCV valve. Oil changes are simple; oil extractor & oil filter is on top of the engine bay. I never have to get under my car. Great gas mileage, I average 27 mpg with 90% in town driving. In 2 or 3 years, I'll pick up a used 2015/2016 GTI to replace my 2010.

Originally Posted By: JetStar
They probably should have run the comparo with the AWD Golf R. Not sure if the MKVII is released yet now that I think about it.

2015 is when it's expected to be available in the US.

However, it'll be significantly more expensive than the WRX. Somewhere around $35-36K.

After having the ST for a good six months now, I want to see how these new MKVII GTI's ride. Reviews are all solid and the new power bump is great. With how popular GTI's are around my way, I am surprised I haven't seen one on the road yet.

Originally Posted By: jigen
After having the ST for a good six months now,

A little OT here, but any issues with the ST that would make you or your g/f start looking elsewhere?

One of my friends bought one recently, and I've gotta say, it's a neat little car.

Funny you ask. I was about to write up a little thing about the car. Should be able to get to it in a few hours.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back