Bye bye Valvoline EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much more and you can get HPL oils @High Performance Lubricants if you want an Ultimate level oil. There is no "best" but HPL is one of them.
Wait, all this time you told me M1 was the best?! 😱😱🤣🤣

I’d run Valvoline Synthetic regular flavor. In fact in about 4k I’ll dump the typo Yota 0w20 oil and filter out of Focus; and put Valvoline Sunthetic 5w30 in

So how many 5 qt jugs are in 50K- you leave open the possibility of having purchased $50K worth of 50K miles worth. :D:eek:

6500 gallons (tanker load) is around $78,000 for your flavor of Dexos 0w20 or 5w30, house brand / regional brand. Major brand it’s around $100,000. Plus freight and any margin.

So $50k buys you about 3000 gallons. Or 2400 5qt jugs. 4 per case, something like 60 per pallet. So around 10 pallets worth. Or about 1/2 a tractor trailer load, or one tandem axle straight truck worth.

Some fun math.

Edit:

Plus bottling and packaging costs. Which is about ~$5 5qt jug.

Maybe the price of all that Moly. :unsure: Could even be something like international exchange fees.
Yes definitely could be the case. I also wonder since Valvoline was bought out, that maybe the new company is trying to be greedy and jacking up the price. Hopefully not, because from reading here, they're running all the Valvoline fans off.

Yes definitely could be the case. I also wonder since Valvoline was bought out, that maybe the new company is trying to be greedy and jacking up the price. Hopefully not, because from reading here, they're running all the Valvoline fans off.

Deal will take several months to over a year to close.

It’s not done yet. Thus no control over Valvoline currently.

I went from using Amsoil in all my vehicles to Valvoline because Amsoil began to get to expensive with price increases but then it seems all the other companies have followed in raising prices so after much deliberation I went to HPL since the HDEO line runs $60 ish for 6 qts which is essentially 2 oil changes with current prices

Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought the Valvoline EP wasn’t a long drain oil like say M1 EP or Castrol EP, but it has more AW and what not for more wear protection.

It is more expensive than M1 and the others no doubt, but maybe some people think it is worth it for the added protection?

So how many 5 qt jugs are in 50K- you leave open the possibility of having purchased $50K worth of 50K miles worth. :D:eek:

You got me. I actually wanted to clarify after I read my post but it was my oldest kids opening day football game today. I meant to say 50k miles at 6k-7k OCI's of Pennz Plat.

A data point - I bought Valvoline Full Synth High Mileage for 22.47 from Walmart in Dec 2021. Now is 29.something from Walmart.

I am not sure how the Valv EP fits into the market with M1 EP at $26 or so at Walmart now.

I have done two runs of it @5K each and the UOAs were good. I am almost done with the 3rd with 2 to go. I got a buy 4 get one free deal that I found (cannot remember where now).

My intention is to do 5 runs with it to compare against RGT. At the time, VEP was about $22 per jug which was OK for what it is, but at $32 per jug that would be a hard pass for me. Many other oils that will perform the same for less money.

Did they win?

No, Sir! Small Catholic school. Out-of-league powerhouse. Long island kids were faster, stronger, and bigger. Multiple D1 commits and it was clear why. In league game Friday night. We are a 500 team for the last decade. Play for pride. It's rough, my kids DB and OLB/Slot. I push for bulk this time of year but he is still playing showcase baseball and needs to keep the speed. He is in center field and right field.

Give these guys a look if you like supporting American made products. They run some decent sales like $10 Tees, free shipping and 20% off if you sign up for email list.

I too try to support American manufacturing when it makes sense. Sometimes the lack of availability or price difference makes it difficult.
It is very hard to find most things made here. If you do, It's very expensive. I'm no economist, But I think if we brought back all of our manufacturing for everything and our wages went up over the years to match inflation , I think it could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back