Buying parts

Where do buy most of your auto parts?

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • Local parts stores

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
It depends on the particular circumstances. If I can wait 2 - 5 days for a repair, I'll order online from Rockauto or Amazon. If I need it NOW, I'll hit one of the local parts stores. I'll still try and save money by seeing if I can get a 20 - 30% online coupon for AAP/Carquest when I have to buy locally.
when i needed a battery in an emergency i went to walmart following the jump. i have had great experience with wally and battery warranties.

Mostly online. Although if B&M has it in stock and it's of quality I will consider that. Sometimes it comes down to price vs availability. If I "need it" today, then B&M, otherwise I will try to get the quality part from online.

I'll buy OEM parts if it matters. They aren't always the best. I prefer OEM filters and some other parts, but last few sets of brakes were not OEM. Quality and cost come into play on that decision.

Some of the dealerships are running stores on Ebay. Not sure if that counts as a dealership purchase or online purchase.
i agree on brakes, for passenger vehicles i really like wagner TQs the wagner rep visited my store alot. trucks and suvs do better with semi metallic but they are dirty. and of course AKEBONO are also in the mix

when i needed a battery in an emergency i went to walmart following the jump. i have had great experience with wally and battery warranties.

my last battery was from Wal-Mart it has 5 years warranty (3 full, 2 prorated). The one before that was from Costco but Costco changed their 42 months warranty to 36 months now. Co-worker had one from Wal-Mart and they gave him zero hassle exchanging and they are everywhere in case you are out of town.

I read on the internet that due to high foot traffic, McDonald's and Wal-Mart are opening stores at Mt. Everest summit. :unsure:

Your posts sound good to me.

Wish you a very fast recovery!
Take care.

btw i needed a switch assembly recently for the power windows on my 2005 buick century, ordering through of all places, walmart, got me the ac delco switch complete with hologram on package, delivered for $ 55 . i didn't want to do the job twice
i did search rockauto and a couple of other sites to find brands of switch offered. once i found the delco number i used that in a search and was really shocked that wally world had the part

Finally home and rehab is going great i have all the resources here at home. a too early release from rehab resulted in fall and busted ribs, ouch not fun at 73, now they only hurt when i laugh, turns out that i had afib irregular heart beat, the docs attached a special data recorder that tracked about 3 weeks of my heart. the blood was not fully leaving my heart resulting in a clot which blocked the region of my brain controlling my left side. my weight was a major factor, i dropped about 15 pounds in rehab, very hard work and heart healthy diet. major milestone yesterday, i can pea standing up

Finally home and rehab is going great i have all the resources here at home. a too early release from rehab resulted in fall and busted ribs, ouch not fun at 73, now they only hurt when i laugh, turns out that i had afib irregular heart beat, the docs attached a special data recorder that tracked about 3 weeks of my heart. the blood was not fully leaving my heart resulting in a clot which blocked the region of my brain controlling my left side. my weight was a major factor, i dropped about 15 pounds in rehab, very hard work and heart healthy diet. major milestone yesterday, i can pea standing up

Glad you are doing better :)

At work we get most parts from the local stores and they deliver them. I don't have time to mail order stuff with customers sitting in my waiting room.

Since the plandemic started I have been buying more of my own parts online. I do not want to deal with the plastic sheeting that the stores have up. As well as standing in lines. Especially Autozone! They built rooms out of plastic that you have to pass through plus they are not accepting cash at this time.

Great recovery!

stay away from chips while watching TV. Parts list says carb and SALT. :)
Take care

I use RockAuto usually. I do use Advance Auto, Napa, Auto Zone, and O’Rileys some too. I have found Rock Auto and Advance Auto have the best prices and the parts in stock whereas Napa, Auto Zone and O’Riley have more expensive prices and rarely have parts in stock that I am looking for but for quality it’s Rock Auto, Auto Zone and Napa in that order.

At work we get most parts from the local stores and they deliver them. I don't have time to mail order stuff with customers sitting in my waiting room.

Since the plandemic started I have been buying more of my own parts online. I do not want to deal with the plastic sheeting that the stores have up. As well as standing in lines. Especially Autozone! They built rooms out of plastic that you have to pass through plus they are not accepting cash at this time.
My Auto Zones are still accepting cash that’s all I use so I would be in trouble if they didn’t take it where I am they asked to try to have exact if you can because of the change shortage but they still take cash so do the rest of the auto parts stores

Internet is a great resource. Find the part you want from where you want to buy it. Walmart is strange, I needed a new hot stick ignitor for my oven. Walmart 2 day to the store delivery for the original Jenn-aire part as cheap as anywhere. My Samsung dryer needed a new heater assembly, againWalmart had the OEM part cheaper than anybody else and local pickup in two days. I have totally changed my mind about Walmart. I used to hate them and what they did to mom and pop but those days are gone. Now I shop quality/price. Recently I bought a huge assortment of copper washers from China. Wish.com. It's like 500 washers and $8 shipped to my door. Took two months but I'm set for life.

Reactions: JC1
I do a little of everything . Online, Autozone . . . My favorite is to get to one of the two really awesome old school shops left here on Long Island . Last weekend, I had to replace a front wheel bearing on my wifes Kia Sorento . I removed the spindle from the car and attempted to press the hub and bearing on my brothers press . Wasnt big enough . I had to take it to the bigger shop that still has a full in house machine shop . They pressed it while I waited . I realized right there if it wasnt for these guys, I would have had a problem .
When I was younger, there were shops like this all over .

I spread the money around but mostly Rock Auto. With a 25% off coupon Advance Auto Parts can be a good deal on consumables and cleaning supplies. NAPA for when I need good quality parts and need it today and aftermarket is OK.

Back