Buying a $7,000 truck

I wanted to add intake gaskets might need to be done on the LS based engines along with knock sensors, but that is a couple of hours and 200 bucks if you are handy.
I'm at 205k miles on my 05 and still waiting to need that repair. 9100 engine hours. It has an air bag light on and dead speedo and volts gauge (I use torque pro to display those and all other important info like fuel trims etc).
No check engine light. It had one vent solenoid replacement years ago for a check engine light. Never had any abs issues.
A couple wheel bearings and a water pump so far. Other than that tires and brakes.

Wow - that's a deal with today's truck prices. I recently rented a 5.0 F150 to tow my Jeep and was thoroughly impressed with the power of the 5.0!

May be nearing the end of the life of the transmission, but changing a transmission on a 2WD truck isn't really that hard.

Wow - that's a deal with today's truck prices. I recently rented a 5.0 F150 to tow my Jeep and was thoroughly impressed with the power of the 5.0!

May be nearing the end of the life of the transmission, but changing a transmission on a 2WD truck isn't really that hard.
They serviced it every 30k miles but it doesn't appear to have been replaced. It shifts great still. My thought was If it goes out I'll install a low mileage used unit. Not to hard on a 2wd truck.

Unbelievable deal. That is a really nice looking truck. I think the extended cabs are a well-kept secret right now with the super cabs out front as the popular model. There aren’t as many of them changing hands either. Ours has been great.

Unbelievable deal. That is a really nice looking truck. I think the extended cabs are a well-kept secret right now with the super cabs out front as the popular model. There aren’t as many of them changing hands either. Ours has been great.

I was looking at these - This generation of F150 had roll down windows in the suicide doors too. Perfect for my dog who rides in the back.

Back