Butter, margarine, vegetable/oil spreads

Good Afternoon folks. Thank You to all of you minus one very rude individual from OHIO that prayed for my friends mother. She is doing good so far today I hear.

I used to use butter all the time for toast, sandwiches etc. now I use this.

what do you folks use?

image.jpg

I use regular butter after I found out that Margarine isn't all that healthy.
How does that Avocado Butter taste ?
Actually good I’d say. I don’t notice any difference taste wise. Also, since I went to oat milk, black coffee and farm fresh eggs and no cheese my cholesterol dropped a ton. I’m still dropping weight too

Real butter in moderation. No margarine or trans fat sticks allowed in our home. I'd be okay with smart balance or bencol, but we just use real butter in moderation.

A product can advertise no cholesterol, but if it has a ton of saturated fat, and trans fats ( hydrogenated oils) your liver gets a whiff of that and makes your cholesterol go sky high without cholesterol in the actual product.

At least the fats in butter, even though they are saturated , exist in nature. Super hydrogenated fats don't exist in nature and in my opinion are terrible for you.

I use butter. Can still make my own.

I would never even consider that slime!
Purified Water
Avocado Oil
Soybean Oil
Palm Kernel and Palm Oil
Salt
Soy Lecithin
Monoglycerides
Vinegar
Natural Flavors
Vitamin A Palmitate

Beta Carotene (Color)

This is what I use. I put it in my oatmeal, on my toast and in anything that calls for butter. I can’t say for sure how healthy it is but my yearly checkup comes back with great numbers,....or so they tell me anyway. 🤔😂

Attachments

• 584266A9-AEFB-40B3-9A70-E9481E5A6ABA.jpeg
    584266A9-AEFB-40B3-9A70-E9481E5A6ABA.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 5
You ever just try mashing up Avocado and making your own I think it works great and more natural. Personally I have never tried the spread you posted so can't comment on that.

Avocado is good for you.

The ingredient "vegetable oil" is the part you need to steer clear of when trying to eat healthy. "Vegetable Oil(s)" usually is a generic term for processed, heated, cheap to make, but bad for you oils.

I have a difficult time seeing oat milk as a "healthy" alternative. The ingredients including stabilizers, etc. Plus when liquified it can cause sugar spikes in the bloodstream.

I have a difficult time seeing oat milk as a "healthy" alternative. The ingredients including stabilizers, etc. Plus when liquified it can cause sugar spikes in the bloodstream.
Oh really? Please explain yourself. Not being a ****; but there is no butterfat, cholesterol in it also. If I’m wrong please tell me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 23
Avocado is good for you.

The ingredient "vegetable oil" is the part you need to steer clear of when trying to eat healthy. "Vegetable Oil(s)" usually is a generic term for processed, heated, cheap to make, but bad for you oils.
I just noticed this. Maybe I’ll just use bacon fat/lard as I render my own lard down from ham, etc

Unsalted butter but, we don’t use a lot. We don’t eat much toast so, the butter is used mostly in baked goods.

53 Stude'

Although dipotassium phosphate is safe for healthy individuals, it can be dangerous for those with common health problems, including kidney disease, severe heart and lung disease, and thyroid problems. It's used as a buffering agent in antifreeze, and in food as an additive to emulsify, stabilize, or provide texture.
Oat milk may lead to a sugar spike because oats are high in carbohydrates, and when they are in liquid form (such as milk) they are very high in sugars coming from the carbs when broken down in the body," says Kylie Ivanir, MS, RD, a registered dietitian with Within Nutrition

53 Stude'

Although dipotassium phosphate is safe for healthy individuals, it can be dangerous for those with common health problems, including kidney disease, severe heart and lung disease, and thyroid problems. It's used as a buffering agent in antifreeze, and in food as an additive to emulsify, stabilize, or provide texture.
Oat milk may lead to a sugar spike because oats are high in carbohydrates, and when they are in liquid form (such as milk) they are very high in sugars coming from the carbs when broken down in the body," says Kylie Ivanir, MS, RD, a registered dietitian with Within Nutrition
Very good sir. You make me rethink going back to local farm near me for their fresh milk as I can get it delivered for like $2.45/gallon with glass bottle deposit

Back