Built Ford (insert something here)

Are you able to cancel the order? I've never been through that process so I don't know but honestly if you're already having doubts before even receiving the vehicle then that might be the way to go.

I thought you canceled the order already...

FWIW my escape has been fine, it has one recall and it is a pointless recall ... it has been a good vehicle so far but has low miles.

IMO looking at number of recalls without considering content of the recall is not helpful... I also believe they will pick up and deliver.

I would keep the order. We have a hybrid xlt that has about 5k on it that has been very good so far. Also the biggest thing is rarity and resale. Everyone wants the hybrid and if you have a good dealer and can get the truck at msrp no doubt you could make some decent money selling it privately.

If there was any way to have warranty work done by anyone but a Ford dealer, it would be a HUGE plus. I’ve been taking ours 65 miles away to Richmond, IN-the ones in town here are pretty worthless.

I am not a Ford fan, but what recalls does the Maverick Hybrid have. My understanding is the hybrid has the old MPI engine and the hybrid tech is based on data they got from Toyota (Toyo and Ford did an information swap a few years ago, toyo gave up their hybrid data and ford their GDI).

If there were one Ford I would buy this one might be it. Also - what price? They were pretty cheap IIRC.

I ordered and canceled a 2022 Bronco Sport order at first, then I ordered a 2022 Maverick Ecoboost. I cancelled that but that truck was never built for 2022. I then ordered a 23 Hybrid Lariat from a huge dealer in Kansas, no deposit needed. They have 700 Maverick orders and mine probably won’t get built anyway because of the constraints. I like the look of the Maverick, especially with the Black appearance package. I know of a couple recalls on the Maverick, one is side airbags. A current TSB is about fixing the grabby brakes.

‘22 Maverick hot pepper 🌶️ red, Lariat Hybrid owner, since March. No issues on mine that I had to go back to the stealership for repair. However, I will go back to get any of the mentioned TSB or recall work done. The 11 month wait for it to show up was worth it.

The appeal of a proven 2.5L, 4 cylinder power train was the big attraction for me. In the Ford Escapes, NYC taxis routinely put up to 500,000 - 600,000 miles on them. I put, 205,000 miles on a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid that was still going strong, without major issues, before trade in. The same engine and hybrid hardware that I have now in the Maverick.

I have been seeing anywhere from 40 - 48 mpg in 70% city driving. Using Mobil 1 0W20 EP and May convert to one of the HPL products going forward. I am not a fan of the apparent PAO reduction in that EP product. Anyone have any recommendations?

Until someone comes up with A) An EV small pickup or B) Toyota figures out to cobble together some type of Prius pickup at a competitive price, Maverick is as good as it gets. There is no competition, it’s a TKO!

It’s your money, you can do what you want - as I did.

I am not a Ford fan, but what recalls does the Maverick Hybrid have. My understanding is the hybrid has the old MPI engine and the hybrid tech is based on data they got from Toyota (Toyo and Ford did an information swap a few years ago, toyo gave up their hybrid data and ford their GDI).

If there were one Ford I would buy this one might be it. Also - what price? They were pretty cheap IIRC.
1. Recall for drilling hole in under engine tray and removing a few of the active flaps in the radiator. This is supposed to remove vapors and prevent a fireball if a rod blows through the engine.

2. A pillar airbag recall that doesnt deploy fast enough i think. Its so minute of a difference but its still a recall

3. A software update for the brakes. Right now when you press the brakes it tries to regen at like 5mph instead of using the actual brakes. Makes for some scary scenarios until you push the brake pedal more then they slam on. But this only happens sometimes

1. Recall for drilling hole in under engine tray and removing a few of the active flaps in the radiator. This is supposed to remove vapors and prevent a fireball if a rod blows through the engine.

2. A pillar airbag recall that doesnt deploy fast enough i think. Its so minute of a difference but its still a recall

3. A software update for the brakes. Right now when you press the brakes it tries to regen at like 5mph instead of using the actual brakes. Makes for some scary scenarios until you push the brake pedal more then they slam on. But this only happens sometimes
Sounds like they have fixes for all of them. They will need to do the recall before you take delivery - they can't sell a car as new with an open recall I don't think?

The Maverick seems to be pretty solid, I wouldn't cancel just to keep your options open. I'm sure the dealer will let you cancel closer to delivery, they'll have no problem selling it to someone else if you decide against it.

Yup that's the one the Escape has on it... kinda a dumb recall IMO... I think it is already resolved in production so OP wont have it... its a little more than one hole and i expect most of the modified ones wont look as good as the instructions....

Rule 1: never B an 'early adopter',
#2 : ck in with the typical reviewers (auto writers for cars, CR's reviews for other durable goods.

I just sold 2 Fords. I'm not sure if I can give you anything positive on Ford or I would still have at least one of them.

Back