Lets have some fun on this one!

Filter Casing/Can: K&N
Basecap/ORING: K&N
ADBV: Mobil 1
Media: FRAM Ultra
Media Endcaps: Bosch
Center media tube: Anything metal and not ECORE

Color: MOPAR Filter Design
Misc: Filter tip is plastic dipped akin to FRAM, though leaving the screw off nut not coated

get creative, none of that "I choose everything FRAM/Purolator/Bosch because that is the bestsss!!!11!!1!!"

Plus cost has to retail under $10.
grin.gif

Bosch Distance Plus with a textured grip. That's the only thing it's missing, really. I like the blue color and red gasket (the P1 has a red gasket, too, but not the PSL for some reason...)

I really wish Wix would have a grippy can, too.

That's really the only reason I stick with the P1.

Everything Wix/NAPA Gold with a $1.99 price tag.

That way I can buy 5 and stay under the $10 budget.

No dip/texture because it interferes with my cap wrench.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Fram Ultra everything except Motorcraft bypass and of course the K&N nut on the end.

I like the base end bypass.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Fram Ultra everything except Motorcraft bypass and of course the K&N nut on the end.

Who's the K&N nut? I know who the Purolator nut is!

A Fram Tough Guard but with 30% more pleats/media, a Motorcraft style thread end bypass and it costs 4 bucks everywhere.

I don't need to build one, Purolator already did it for me. There you go zo6, I knew you were waiting for someone to throw that out there
crackmeup2.gif

But seriously,

I do like that K&N nut on the end. I think every filter should have one of those bad boys.
thumbsup2.gif

Fram Ultra Filter Media & I would like Advanced patented 2 Filter, Basically the bottom part of filter like a MicroGreen.

Like in this pic

2u9o9zo.jpg

Bypass to be at the top of the oil filter like Motorcraft

COIL SPRING at the bottom and not leaf spring.

D shaped gasket

Silicone ADBV , I dont think brand is relevant.

Filter MAGNETS

Canister would be K&N with NUT on TOP..

Now that would be a very cool filter IMO

What do you think???

Originally Posted By: jk_636
I don't need to build one, Purolator already did it for me. There you go zo6, I knew you were waiting for someone to throw that out there

The Bosch Premium has historically been one of my favourites, with good efficiency and great prices. Unfortunately, its availability is always spotty up here, and then there's this tear business. Walmart Canada yanked all the Purolator filters anyhow and brought Fram back - for more money.

Originally Posted By: Garak

The Bosch Premium has historically been one of my favourites, with good efficiency and great prices. Unfortunately, its availability is always spotty up here, and then there's this tear business. Walmart Canada yanked all the Purolator filters anyhow and brought Fram back - for more money.

I think this about if you were to design / build your own filter post.. what it would be like.

crackmeup2.gif

Well, they use to be my favorite filter too ... you'd know that if you go back and read my postings back a couple of years - lots of talk about PureOne filters and also trying to squash the "it's too restrictive" rumors. But things change in the world, and today tearing media isn't a very popular thing.

I'd say if the Ultra had a built-in wireless delta-p sensor & transmitter that sent data to your cell phone application, that only added $1.50 to the price, then that would be perfection.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back