Buick Regal TourX Essense Final Review

I guess i should write up a quick review on the Buick Regal TourX. We had the pleasure of owning it for nearly 2 years and 12.5k miles. It was a dream on the highway. Quiet, smooth, planted to the ground, capable of high speeds with confidence. The cargo in the back is very generous. It's got the lane keeping stuff, great LED headlights, stereo, laser cruise, everything but the Sunroof. The AWD and Aisin made transmission worked quite well. Remote start was very appreciated. It was fun to have such a unique ride.

The only thing i really hated was the mandatory auto start stop system. Very dumb feature for a turbocharged vehicle to just shut off the engine like that. You'd have to be in sport mode to keep it running, or full A/C or Heat. Fuel economy was nothing special, you know 30+ highway and somewhere in the 20s city. You always had plenty of power from that 2.0 turbo.

The ground clearance should be mentioned. At only 5.8" it is not what you might expect in an AWD wagon, but its enough for a dirt road or moderate snow. This lower than say Subaru ride height really makes it handle well at 80+ MPH. My wife is fairly short, so the ride height was great for her, but i would have to stoop down a bit to install a toddler.

Why did we get rid of it? Vroom had a great offer and we will need a mini van / 3 row SUV for a 3rd child we are expecting. Very sad to see it go. They've got it all photographed and for sale if anyone is interested: https://www.vroom.com/inventory/buick-regal-tourx-2018-W04GV8SX3J1178063

Funny, it's got a lot more scratches than when it left my driveway. They put 2 miles on it and several scratches somehow. We ended up able to drive that thing for a loss of 4k between the smoking deal we bought it new at, and the generous offer from Vroom. I never even got to change the oil in it, we used the free oil changes at Buick on the 5k and 10k marks. I'm very happy with that residual value.

I'm typically not a wagon person, but I do like this one. Very European looking.

Nice review. The TourX is one of the best looking vehicles on the road lately but i rarely see them in the wild.

Buick/GM has always had an incestuous relationship with Germany's Opel. If your car had been properly badged as an Opel Insignia it would be worth more today.

when the deals were out there on new I was SO tempted to trade my 2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon in for a new Buick TourX...I keep seeing these nice reviews...good luck with your next purchase

Bill

A handsome beast. I passed on its big brother, the 2017-18 LaCrosse, because of the Auto Stop Start routine. Later I found there is a $150 device you can plug into your OBDII port that will cancel the feature.

I was sad we never got the tourX here, I don't know if we would've got it over the Outback but it would've been good to try one out, and usually buick gets killed here for resale so it might've been a good used car. $4k depreciation for 2 years is very good for a new car.

I guess i should write up a quick review on the Buick Regal TourX. We had the pleasure of owning it for nearly 2 years and 12.5k miles. It was a dream on the highway. Quiet, smooth, planted to the ground, capable of high speeds with confidence. The cargo in the back is very generous. It's got the lane keeping stuff, great LED headlights, stereo, laser cruise, everything but the Sunroof. The AWD and Aisin made transmission worked quite well. Remote start was very appreciated. It was fun to have such a unique ride.

The only thing i really hated was the mandatory auto start stop system. Very dumb feature for a turbocharged vehicle to just shut off the engine like that. You'd have to be in sport mode to keep it running, or full A/C or Heat. Fuel economy was nothing special, you know 30+ highway and somewhere in the 20s city. You always had plenty of power from that 2.0 turbo.

The ground clearance should be mentioned. At only 5.8" it is not what you might expect in an AWD wagon, but its enough for a dirt road or moderate snow. This lower than say Subaru ride height really makes it handle well at 80+ MPH. My wife is fairly short, so the ride height was great for her, but i would have to stoop down a bit to install a toddler.

Why did we get rid of it? Vroom had a great offer and we will need a mini van / 3 row SUV for a 3rd child we are expecting. Very sad to see it go. They've got it all photographed and for sale if anyone is interested: https://www.vroom.com/inventory/buick-regal-tourx-2018-W04GV8SX3J1178063

Funny, it's got a lot more scratches than when it left my driveway. They put 2 miles on it and several scratches somehow. We ended up able to drive that thing for a loss of 4k between the smoking deal we bought it new at, and the generous offer from Vroom. I never even got to change the oil in it, we used the free oil changes at Buick on the 5k and 10k marks. I'm very happy with that residual value.
That car piqued my interest a bit when l was shopping for a new car earlier this year. I would have given it more consideration if it wasn't being discontinued after the 2020 model year.

It will be interesting to see if they can sell a car nobody wants at that price. Who was the guy on here who sold one of these services a Charger that the online dealer hardly made any money on?

It will be interesting to see if they can sell a car nobody wants at that price. Who was the guy on here who sold one of these services a Charger that the online dealer hardly made any money on?
Evidently they have a pending sale on the 3k mile one for 28.4k. If anyone wants a TourX i suggest waiting a year or three when the market normalizes and they will have a lot more depreciation baked in. When the 4 year bumper to bumper warranty is up i'm guessing there will be plenty offered for sale as owners upgrade to newer things. Vroom/Carvana are trying to grow market share. No way they can ship it two ways, store it, clean it, market it, and only mark it up less than 3k. They will make little to no money. I'm glad to have their ambitious service at my disposal.

Very nice! I was late to the party with the TourX and dealers near me had zero. I like them and test drove a base model but wanted the one with more options and none were available. I would still like to get one at some point if I see a deal come along. Just not right now as prices are high and I can wait for the market to mellow out.

Looks like my old wagon went sale pending. May the new owner enjoy it!

Back