I bought a Buick! TourX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice car! I'm going the other direction at age 62- smaller and/or fewer seats with each successive purchase.

Originally Posted by Benzadmiral

I've just bought my third Buick -- a BPA, then a German-built Buick Regal (the immediate predecessor to the TourX), and now a '16 LaCrosse. I'm glad to see people realizing what a grand bargain they are. And passing on a sunroof is smart. Except for the 4 months with the BMW 328i that was recently totaled, I haven't had a sunroof/moonroof since 2007, and haven't missed 'em in this foul hot climate. Congrats a good car buy!

I don't like sunroofs either; back in 1995 I had to fight with Munich to keep them from putting a hole in the roof of my Club Sport. I'll tolerate one on a used car, but on a new car a sunroof is a deal-killer. Fortunately, none of the car I'm considering have a sunroof option, or else it can be deleted on a custom order.

Perfect purchase. That is exactly how i think about our TourX Essense that also has no sunroof yet all the other goodies. We have been driving it for about two weeks now and we are in love. Even my wife, who resisted a wagon body style, has been fully converted. Its just a really comfortable and yet still sporty enough family hauler. No sunroof and this body style yields vast headroom front and rear.

We have been renovating a new house and the cargo space has really been handy. The flat loading floor at a very reasonable height was perfect for picking up some cases of tile or 5 gallon paint buckets. Wife is quite pregnant so she just clicks a button and the hatch opens automatically and the sherwin williams guy loads in the paint. One car seat (for now) lets us really use the 40 / 20 / 40 split.

We just got one of these in the fleet at work - well, kinda the same. These are sold in Australia as the Holden Commodore. Sales are very poor here also. The rental car companies are snapping them up, as I assume Holden are offering them super deals.

They come as a "lift back" sedan, and the wagon. 2WD or AWD. Engine options are the 2.0 turbo petrol, 3.6 V6 petrol, or 2.0 turbo diesel. Transmission is either an 8 or 9 speed auto, depending on the engine and whether it's 2 or AWD.

The one we got at work is a poverty pack, 2.0 turbo petrol, front wheel drive, 9 speed auto. I've only walked past it in the carpark so far. The guys who have driven have said it's ok, their biggest complaint being.... apparently there is only one cup holder in the front!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back