2014 Accord Sport 6MT Good Bye Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its quite funny, my German branded wagon is made in mexico, my Buick wagon made in Germany, my GMC truck with the big V8 and all that ‘merica style, also made in Mexico. Not that ive had any issues with either MX made vehicles.

Originally Posted by Ws6
While Audi is made in Mexico, lol!

Just because something is made in Germany doesn't mean it's great.
Just because something is made in Mexico doesn't mean it's junk.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is, other than trying to bash Audi every chance you get, but if it makes you feel better, carry on.

I dont put much stock in where a car is made because it is all global components. the Tourx has a usa made gm engine, japanese Aisin trans, AWD stuff from the UK, allegedly similar parts as Focus RS. Even our old Accord (usa made) had a lot of foreign sourced parts. You just have to hope you got good parts on whatever brand or nationality your car is today.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Ws6

I'm not exactly sure what your point is, other than trying to bash Audi every chance you get, but if it makes you feel better, carry on.

Hecho en Mexico.

Not even once.

https://carbuzz.com/news/mexican-built-ford-fusions-caught-again-for-drug-smuggling
and again
https://www.azpm.org/p/home-article...gled-from-mexico-to-canada-in-ford-cars/

Any vehicle made in Mexico is just an automatic "NOPE!" for me. But you do you, your money.

Wa
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

Hecho en Mexico.

Not even once.

https://carbuzz.com/news/mexican-built-ford-fusions-caught-again-for-drug-smuggling
and again

Any vehicle made in Mexico is just an automatic "NOPE!" for me. But you do you, your money.

Way to point out the negative....

Not totally thrilled my Equinox was made in Mexico, but it has been a great car so far....

Originally Posted by daves87rs
Wa
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

Hecho en Mexico.

Not even once.

and again

Way to point out the negative....

Not totally thrilled my Equinox was made in Mexico, but it has been a great car so far....

It doesn't have to be bad, just like a Fiat doesn't have to be unreliable, but to me, it is a predictive datapoint of merit.

Originally Posted by Patrick0525
What was the MRSP and was the final of the Buick?

I gathered it was around $23K based on him saying he would have had to pay $10K more in another vehicle to get similar features, and I have similar features for $33K. So it was a legit STEAL!

Originally Posted by Ws6

I gathered it was around $23K based on him saying he would have had to pay $10K more in another vehicle to get similar features, and I have similar features for $33K. So it was a legit STEAL!

MSRP on that TourX is around $40K. At 30% off, it would be around $28K.

Originally Posted by Ws6

MSRP on that TourX is around $40K. At 30% off, it would be around $28K.

Just read that. It looks like a decent buy for $28K. Total ripoff at 40K and makes sense they are being discounted heavily as they need to be priced with competitors option for option, as well as the fact that wagons don't sell in America.

The Tourx sticker 40550, out the door in Nevada (not taxed or registed in Utah yet) was a hair under 28k. About 10 days ago they had 3 of these cars, and as my deal was going through all 3 were sold. I don't know if i would call it a ripoff at the full sticker price but i certainly wouldn't buy one for full price. 40k is used Tesla money or really close to a Model Y tesla when it comes out. A new accord 2.0 Touring would also be a better deal than a full price TourX even though it doesn't have AWD.

Originally Posted by dareo
The Tourx sticker 40550, out the door in Nevada (not taxed or registed in Utah yet) was a hair under 28k. About 10 days ago they had 3 of these cars, and as my deal was going through all 3 were sold. I don't know if i would call it a ripoff at the full sticker price but i certainly wouldn't buy one for full price. 40k is used Tesla money or really close to a Model Y tesla when it comes out. A new accord 2.0 Touring would also be a better deal than a full price TourX even though it doesn't have AWD.

My CX5 has near identical performance and features for around $33K+ TTL new. No way I'd buy a Tesla, new, used, or for $1.

Well the reason i say it is not a rip off, is because there is hardly anything else like that is a luxury wagon. You can go Volvo, MB, or Jaguar and all of those cost more and i believe would have worse reliability.

The CX5 Grand Touring is really nice sure. But it has less power, 2 less highway MPG, higher weight, a bit less cargo and interior room, stuff like that. At least in Utah, people think a CX5 is dipped in gold so they have insanely good resale value, so that alone makes it a better deal than a near MSRP Tourx. I looked at some lease residuals on the Tourx, 55% after 2 years, but we are starting out at 70% so that is a pretty small loss on a luxury vehicle.

Sounds like you got a good buck out of the Accord and the buyer got a very nice looking and solid car, with the plus of a stick for those who really like them.
You already know that you're not going to get dealer retail out of any car since dealer folks are pretty good at getting people into cars and the dealer also offers the magic of easy financing. Just sign your name a time or two and drive it home.
The Buick seems like a really nice car and it sounds like you got a very solid deal on it. I've looked at these while dropping off and picking up our lemon flavored fleet GMC pickup for warranty work (three times thus far) and they look like nice and useful vehicles. Maybe Buick really has turned a corner and can attract a significant number of buyers below Medicare age?

The TourX is a very nice car; I've recommended the car to several of my friends. It's an outstanding bargain at current street prices.

Well the reason i say it is not a rip off, is because there is hardly anything else like that is a luxury wagon. You can go Volvo, MB, or Jaguar and all of those cost more and i believe would have worse reliability.

The CX5 Grand Touring is really nice sure. But it has less power, 2 less highway MPG, higher weight, a bit less cargo and interior room, stuff like that. At least in Utah, people think a CX5 is dipped in gold so they have insanely good resale value, so that alone makes it a better deal than a near MSRP Tourx. I looked at some lease residuals on the Tourx, 55% after 2 years, but we are starting out at 70% so that is a pretty small loss on a luxury vehicle.

Actually, it has more power. They both have 250hp, but the CX5 has 310# of torque and the Buick has 295#.
According to every magazine t hat tested both vehicles, the CX5 is also faster 0-60, 5-60, and in the 1/4 mile.
According to magazines that tested their "real world" mpg independently, the CX5 did better, although the EPA numbers indicate the CX5 does 1mpg better in the city, and 2mpg worse on the highway.
Skidpad and braking numbers are very similar, within the margin of error for vehicle to vehicle.
The CX5 is highly desireable, while the TOURX is a wagon, which makes it a difficult sale (hence why it was marked down so much), so I think it will end up being a "dealer trade in" item for you, while the CX5 would be easier to private sale, but I do agree the deep discount into the Buick will do you a solid, later on. I bought my CX5 to keep until the wheels fall off, though, so resale is lower on my concerns.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a19481491/2018-buick-regal-tourx-test-review/
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a27255337/2019-mazda-cx-5-reliability-maintenance/

The TOURX would have been on my radar, except it's a wagon, and I need an SUV. Buick/GM did an exceptional job on the TourX, and it looks identical in function and "niceness" to my CX5. I do find it very telling that my CX5 is putting out the same horsepower, has 2 speeds less in the gearbox, and still is faster in every way until 100mph, where the TourX edges it out by 0.1 second, despite the CX5 having worse aerodynamics. Mazda really knew what they were doing with the drivetrain.

Last edited:
Yeah i feel extremely lucky with how well the selling and buying worked out. There just happened to be a guy waiting for a stick shift accord. He told me he found one at a dealer but the dealer wanted 2k more than retail book for some reason. Utah car dealers are so bad.

Sorry WS6, i saw it listed as only 226 hp incorrectly somewhere.

Its 227 on 87 octane. 250 on 93. Torque and hp under 4000rpm are the same regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back