Brother having surgery

Wow, that's gotta be a painfull one. I hurt mine playing foorball many years ago.
The surgeries they do now are so far advanced from my day; he's gonna be fine.
They will get him into rehab therapy fast and push him!
All good! No worries... He will be home and shooting hoops again before you know it.

Wow, that's gotta be a painfull one. I hurt mine playing foorball many years ago.
The surgeries they do now are so far advanced from my day; he's gonna be fine.
They will get him into rehab therapy fast and push him!
All good! No worries... He will be home and shooting hoops again before you know it.
Thank You Jeff for kind words😍😍

Ugh, my son tore both in in two different incidents. One was surgically sewn together. The other cast in such a way that the tendon ends grew together and reattached. He’s doing ok but what a pain recovery was in both cases. I sincerely hope your brother’s rehab results in a positive result.

Last edited:
Broke my ankle last year and had to get surgery to fix it. Actually the worst pain (except the immediate aftermath) was after the nerve block wore off ~18 hours after the surgery. I woke up and had to pop an extra hydro, turns out that drilling through your bones hurts like hell!

Anyway, good luck to your brother, and make sure he doesn't skimp on the physical therapy once he's able to start it! Don't cut it short because he feels good, see it through to the end as it really does work wonders.

images.jpeg

Prayers sent. I was lucky..years ago I probably had a partial tear. At time I was running about20 to 30 miles a week. I never curtailed my running. I was so lucky and so stupid.

I've seen the surgery done where the surgeon ties the parts together with a super strong surgical string that is threaded through hole placed in the bones. Special metal ends are use on the string. The surgeon gets exposed to scatter radiation from the fluoroscope or multiple shots of X-Ray every time they perform an operation like that. After years of practice the exposure they receive is much more than what the patient receives even when considering the additional X-Rays, the patient normally receives. That is a hidden burden surgeons have to put up with that in general is not talked about, and another reason to have respect for anyone who works in that field.

I've seen the surgery done where the surgeon ties the parts together with a super strong surgical string that is threaded through hole placed in the bones. Special metal ends are use on the string. The surgeon gets exposed to scatter radiation from the fluoroscope or multiple shots of X-Ray every time they perform an operation like that. After years of practice the exposure they receive is much more than what the patient receives even when considering the additional X-Rays, the patient normally receives. That is a hidden burden surgeons have to put up with that in general is not talked about, and another reason to have respect for anyone who works in that field.
Yes, the tightrope, at least as it's referred to as with the ankle one. I have one of those as you can see below. You can just barely see the channel that was drilled through my Tibia and the attachment on the other side, this is what they use instead of the long bolt they use to use that you'd then have to go get removed a few months later.
Screenshot_20210108-182641.jpg

Back