Brembo Xtra rotors vs Otto Zimmermann Sport Coat Z

The reason the latter is dominated by Alcon, AP Racing, Brembo, Endless, Ferodo, Pagid and PFC is their products are just better, they're literally leagues ahead.

Alcon got sued by AP Racing for copying their radi-cal design lol.

I mentioned the EBC backing plates happening in the past too - although they did not happen to my two sets of Yellows, thankfully. Their marketing is top notch though, like Wilwood.

Some rally teams use EBC pads.

Just like Akebono, Akebono isn't really known for their awesome aftermarket products, but they do supply F1 teams like McLaren.

I don't mind EBC redstuff pads. Did like them better than Hawk HPS
Akebono supplies Porsche for some of their street cars.

I appreciate your smart answer, but honestly, there's no reason to try anything EBC as there's plenty of choice of better products. Would you be able to name one single example of EBC supplying components to a car manufacturer? Would you be able to name one single example of EBC supplying components to a top-class racing team? The reason the latter is dominated by Alcon, AP Racing, Brembo, Endless, Ferodo, Pagid and PFC is their products are just better, they're literally leagues ahead. Granted, EBC is excellent marketing, their online presence at "tuning shops" is impressive, but I bet very most of those who use EBC pads and rotors lack any experience with actual top-tier products.
EBC is primarily a disc pad manufacturer with plants in the U.K. and USA making over 3 million pieces a year of which almost half go to manufacturers. We will never release names due to supply agreement confidentiality and the fact that EBC often supply to the vehicle Caliper makers, not the vehicle manufacturer.

In Racing literally hundreds of motorcycle racers successfully use our GPFAX sintered pads and in the car racing field where EBC is in its first year of entering we have tried our products on top tier privateer teams with total success and will launch many new race products at SEMA then the PRI show in Indianapolis and the European Racing show linked below in Koln.

The fine race part manufacturers you mention are hardware companies and we believe you will find they do not make the actual brake pads - they buy them in from pad manufacturers.

Come visit EBC at one of these shows and in the meantime please take a look at our new website.

Www.Ebcbrakes.com

Here also are a couple of our recent race testers that love our products:

Mid-Ohio Sports Car course – Lexington, Ohio Class: SCCA GT2
Team: Alliance Autosport
Driver: Scott Rettich
Specs: 500 HP 2930 lbs
Compound: EBC SR-21
9/7/2021

Top speed hit 152.5 MPH

EBC SR-21

Mid-Ohio-Sports-Car-Course-09-07-21-SCCA-GT2-SR-21-1.jpg

Vehicle: Porsche 991 GT3 Cup Car
Driver: Sam Randon
Team: 24/7 Motorsport
Compound: EBC SR-21
16/08/2021

P3.jpg

Initial feedback is as below.
  • Pedal feel and initial bite was incredible and that he absolutely loved them
  • Confidence inspiring
  • Very happy to lean on these brakes and confident enough to out brake multiple other competitors
  • Fast Bed in
  • Around 0.5mm of wear on the pads and no Rotor wear or discolouration
  • No Fade
  • Couldn’t believe that they were EBC Pads, and a vast improvement over the previous race pads used

Sam managed to get second place in the GTB class and tenth overall out of 40 cars, so very happy. This includes beating cars such as the below.

- Ferrari 488 Evo
- Lamborghini super Trofeo
- McLaren 570s GT4
- Aston Martin Vantages
- Ginetta G55 GT4
- Porsche Cayman GT4

I appreciate you notice EBC marketing and our presence, and you will see a lot more as we launch our race and other new products this fall. For true race pads we are just getting started, and i believe you may be pleasantly surprised by what we are about to launch in the upcoming months.

There are new team test results flowing in which include being the Spec pad on a BMW and a Fiesta race series, we have drivers in both the VW and Honda race series in the UK doing fantastic, and our affiliation and work with the SCCA planned for 2022 is something to look forward to.

It will be a delight for all drivers to witness this and even may bring a “ Wow” factor to your good self.

If after reading this you would like to try some of our products for yourself, please message me directly in a private conversation and I would be happy to help you out with a set.

Don't automotive enthusiasts know by now that slotted and/or drilled rotors offer next to no benefit for street/highway driving?

Don't automotive enthusiasts know by now that slotted and/or drilled rotors offer next to no benefit for street/highway driving?
One non-performance advantage of slotted rotors is that they cause the pads and discs to wear in a flat and smooth fashion and the typical 'ribbing' that appears on some plain discs does not happen. The slots will also keep the pads slightly cooler because of the airflow beneath the pad.

The pads are near exclusively cooled by the brake rotor, which acts as a huge heatsink for both the
pads and the rotor itself. Vastly bigger surface area including its internal vents. On a race car with
non-ceramic brake rotors, the slots aren't for cooling, they're are there for degassing pad compound.
Cooling is a myth. If you want to cool down the pad you have to improve rotor ventilation. Or use a
bigger rotor = bigger heatsink if possible.
That said, I agree that both drilled and slotted rotors provide very little benefit on a street driven car.
In particular slotted rotors come with disdvantages though, mainly increased noise, and even more so
on econoboxes with poorly isolated subframes. That's much less of an issue with most drilled rotors.
If in doubt and you don't like plain rotors, I'd suggest getting drilled ones like Brembo Xtra.

Back