Brand new Beretta 92X Centurion - Cracked slide

i can not ship a handgun without a ffl? i sent my handgun back for repair with a prepaid label provided by the manufacturer . i did what i was instructed by their instructions.

guess i should be expecting a knock on the door from the ATF soon

1: I would not be so certain that Italian ones are any better, mine was italian and the bore in the slide was so far off you could nearly see through one side of the slide.

2: Never trust what other people tell you, especially phone / e-mail drones. I once had a manufacturer tell me the dissemble a pistol and ship it via priority mail because then it was "parts of a gun" and not a pistol. This is clearly not so.

I sent my Ruger LCP back via USPS by just wrapping the original box per Ruger instructions, no problem. Ruger provided a shipping label. When I bought my Beretta 92 FS from PSA I specifically asked for a made in Italy 92. It has made in Italy stamped on it but who knows! It has been perfect but sad to see Berettas QC has obviously slipped.
The firearms they manufacture in Italy are definitely inspected more thoroughly than US made guns. It's a matter of national pride there in their home country, and if given the choice, ALWAYS opt for the firearm made in Italy. On the used gun market, Italian made 92s bring a premium over their US made twins.

This is the new 92x model and I don’t think they make it in Italy, the 92x Performance is made there. Their naming of different models is quite confusing.

Anyways, they asked for pictures last Thursday, which I emailed same day, no other communication from them since.

Last edited:
when I shipped a firearm back I was told at the FedEx store that they did not have an FFL and could not ship it there...they directed me to the nearest location that had an FFL for shipping...it has been several years since I did this so the laws may have changed...

Bill

So you CANNOT SHIP a handgun without an FFL, no legal way!….but if you don’t declare it?….it is AOK? What kind of weird reasoning is that?

If your pistol was lost or stolen? No insurance money would be coming your way from UPS, and a possible visit from ATF. But hey, you’re a rebel, I get it. 😉

”Declaration” see it here:
I have sent pistols for warranty issues back with an emailed FedEx air freight tag Ruger emailed me, twice with out problems and twice they delievered it back to me, did the same with a S@W pistol . There was nothing declared at my end. I am positive Ruger and S@W know what to do.

Well, just got off the phone with Beretta, as I was not getting any emails from them. Turned out they sent few, but for some reason my iCloud email started blocking them. Nothing in the junk folder, just not there. It’s probably for my own good.
They sent me a UPS label. No special instructions, just pack it up and drop off at a UPS store.

I have sent pistols for warranty issues back with an emailed FedEx air freight tag Ruger emailed me, twice with out problems and twice they delievered it back to me, did the same with a S@W pistol . There was nothing declared at my end. I am positive Ruger and S@W know what to do.
I have done this too…IN THE PAST
Things changed in September.
I have done many things that were “not right”. Today I turned right on red WITHOUT coming to a complete stop. If a dozen of you chime in “me too”? Does that it make it proper and legal?

I give up trying to help and educate some of you!

Update:
I finally got this firearm back from Beretta. Took several calls as I was getting a run around that the slide is on back order. When I heard the same excuse last week, I finally stared asking more questions and prying for answers. The lady finally admitted she doesn't really know the exact status of the service and said the people that are actually fixing the firearms would know. I asked her to contact them and get back to me. She did a few days later with the tracking number.
I have a feeling it was probably fixed for a while now and just sitting in some bin waiting to be shipped.

I'm happy to report the new slide has no cracks, but the front sight is off center :mad:
I'm just probably going to pay a gunsmith to get this fixed, no way I am sending it back to Beretta.

IMG_2536.jpeg

Update:
I finally got this firearm back from Beretta. Took several calls as I was getting a run around that the slide is on back order. When I heard the same excuse last week, I finally stared asking more questions and prying for answers. The lady finally admitted she doesn't really know the exact status of the service and said the people that are actually fixing the firearms would know. I asked her to contact them and get back to me. She did a few days later with the tracking number.
I have a feeling it was probably fixed for a while now and just sitting in some bin waiting to be shipped.

I'm happy to report the new slide has no cracks, but the front sight is off center :mad:
I'm just probably going to pay a gunsmith to get this fixed,
no way I am sending it back to Beretta.
Shoot it first before you take it in to have the sight moved. I might not be off as much as you think, depending on rear sight placement. It can't hurt, and it will also allow you to check for proper function at the same time.

Yeah, taking it to a range is probably a good idea to see how the sights work. I will do that before taking any action.
But I inspected the rear sights as well and they are off a little as well 🤦‍♂️

I have a feeling I will need to take it in anyways. I will probably take the opportunity to change to the Wilson combat fiber optic front sights. May as well upgrade the sights IMO.

Yeah, taking it to a range is probably a good idea to see how the sights work. I will do that before taking any action.
But I inspected the rear sights as well and they are off a little as well 🤦‍♂️

I have a feeling I will need to take it in anyways. I will probably take the opportunity to change to the Wilson combat fiber optic front sights. May as well upgrade the sights IMO.
You can adjust the sights yourself. (or install new sights)

Sorry to hear about that; been there, done that.
Reminds me of when I purchased a model 48 Smith’ revolver. The darn thing was a train wreck when it arrived. The barrel was improperly indexed, sites wouldn’t even line up, trigger was rough, and the finished looked like it been thrown into a gravel pit. Sent it off to Smith and it came back in better than perfect condition. It’s the first Smith I ever owned that felt like a Colt Python. Sadly, when my health started to fade, I sold it and I have never stopped kicking myself. 🥺
IMG_0984.jpeg

Last edited:
i can not ship a handgun without a ffl? i sent my handgun back for repair with a prepaid label provided by the manufacturer . i did what i was instructed by their instructions.

guess i should be expecting a knock on the door from the ATF soon
Metal and wood parts.

Back