Brakes for 2015 Honda Odyssey

The original odyssey brake pads are so lack luster though imo. I am still on my original ones and have no aftermarket ones to compare them too but there has to be some improvements to be had

Not sure where you're buying rotors or having rotors turned but it's definitely cheaper to turn most. O'Reilly charges $15 per rotor and you ain't buying a rotor for that price. I don't turn them because a) you have to stop the brake job and wait a couple of hours while they turn them and b) you could end up taking them, they tell you they're too thin to turn (I suppose you could measure them yourself before), then you have to buy rotors locally and pay a LOT more or leave the vehicle until replacement rotors arrive.
Just bought Raybestos R-Line (rear) rotors on Amazon for an 09 Accord for $27.92 each. I have Prime, so 2nd day shipping is free. Pairing them with Element 3 pads, also purchased from Amazon for $25.30.

I'll gladly spend $13 extra each for brand new, name brand rotors over having them turned.

I'll gladly spend $13 extra each for brand new, name brand rotors over having them turned.
Thanks for confirming that turning rotors is cheaper in cost. I'm not debating or questioning the technical aspect of "replace vs turn", only that the cost to turn is lower.

How much were the front rotors, by the way ? Rear rotors are almost always cheaper, sometimes close to 1/2 the price.

Back