Brake pad suggestions for an F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
It looks like my 2005 F-150 will need some rear pads soon. I was thinking of trying Satisfied Ceramics. At $53/axle, the price is certainly right.

Tire Rack - Satisfied Pro Ceramic VS Pads

I am looking for a quiet pad that is low dusting, and has good pedal feel. I'll spend a little extra for a quality pad, so if OE is the way to go I am not afraid to.

The Akebonos look good! I haven't heard of those before but the reviews sound good.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
It looks like my 2005 F-150 will need some rear pads soon. I was thinking of trying Satisfied Ceramics. At $53/axle, the price is certainly right.

Tire Rack - Satisfied Pro Ceramic VS Pads

I am looking for a quiet pad that is low dusting, and has good pedal feel. I'll spend a little extra for a quality pad, so if OE is the way to go I am not afraid to.

These are China pads, we stocked them for a short time. No come backs with them but I wouldn't use them on my car.

I have had good luck with Duralast Gold ceramics from Autozone. I ran my last pads for 2 years with many track passes and off road highway runs. They did well enough such that I refreshed my brakes and used them again.

Last edited:
I have had good brake performance with Performance Friction pads. I have used them on the front and rear of our 2005 FX4 Supercrew. In my opinion, they offer a better 'cold' brake than oem or Hawk and are 'rotor friendly'.

I am able to buy Performance Friction at O'Rielly Auto Parts.

Hope this helps

Motorcraft all the way. Best brake feel, wear characteristics....etc. They are designed for your vehicle.

I prefer Wagner brake products. Their pads don't leave that annoying brake dust that others leave behind.

I have been very happy with Motorcraft pads. They tend to stay quiet until they hit the wear indicators, and they perform well overall.

I have also had good experience with Wagner ThermoQuiet pads though.

the Motorcraft are good, but also check the pricing on the OEM Ford pads. remember with brakes on Ford, Motorcraft is not OEM. Take a close look at your rotors, if your truck is 2wd they must be machined on car due to the hub/rotor/bearing being a one piece assembly.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
the Motorcraft are good, but also check the pricing on the OEM Ford pads. remember with brakes on Ford, Motorcraft is not OEM. Take a close look at your rotors, if your truck is 2wd they must be machined on car due to the hub/rotor/bearing being a one piece assembly.

I've noticed that the calipers on my Rangers have Bosch stamped on them...is that the OEM supplier of the pads too?

I know when I checked, the OEM pads were significantly more than the Motorcraft ones. I don't remember by how much however.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

I've noticed that the calipers on my Rangers have Bosch stamped on them...is that the OEM supplier of the pads too?

depends. they dont tell us who the vendors are for a lot of the parts. I know for brake parts there are a lot of vendors for different models.

I did notice they had OEM and Motorcraft, and that the OEM were nearly double. Is there really a quality difference between those two, and a quality aftermarket pad?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
The Akebonos look good! I haven't heard of those before but the reviews sound good.

We have been using them on our Kia Optima and fully satisfied with their performance.They are made in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back