Brake kit questions for 2008 Pontiac Vibe (not awd)

Hi, I need to replace both the front disc brakes and rear drum brakes on my 2008 vibe. I want to make sure I order everything I need, and avoid ordering incorrect/incompatible parts/hardware etc. For the front, I think I'm going to go with this kit which includes calipers (mechanic said everything is corroded):

RAYBESTOS 923RPCE3
Components that come in this kit
RAYBESTOS [Rotor] Element3; Coated Front
RAYBESTOS [Brake Pad] Element3; Hybrid Technology; Includes Hardware Front
RAYBESTOS [Caliper] Element3; New; Includes Bracket Front Right
RAYBESTOS [Caliper] Element3; New; Includes Bracket Front Left

For the rear drum brakes, the only kit that I've been able to find is:
Power Stop KOE15379DK

Can you use different brands for front and rear? I didn't see Raybestos offering a full rear drum kit anywhere, just the individual drums.
Do I need to buy and additional adjustment kit for this, if so, I have no idea what to order for that.

If anyone can further steer me in the right direction or have better suggestions for the most bang for my buck, I'd appreciate any insight.

Thank you for any help/advice in advance.

Yes you can use different brands. That drum kit includes the "hardware" including the springs and adjusters (the part with a fork on each end).

Usually when having a mechanic do the work you should let them source the parts.

Usually when having a mechanic do the work you should let them source the parts.

When I told him the rockauto price he said he wouldn't blame me from buying from there because if he sourced the parts they would cost almost double their price. So that's a no go. He won't price match.

When I told him the rockauto price he said he wouldn't blame me from buying from there because if he sourced the parts they would cost almost double their price. So that's a no go. He won't price match.
+1
One of my best mechanics insisted that I supply my own (new) parts for him.

So are you doing the work or your mechanic? Few shops will let you supply the parts, and if you do, and something goes wrong, you will pay again to fix it the second time.

Yes, you can use different brands front and rear with no problem :)

The Raybestos kit for the front is good stuff

For the rear, get these:
Power Stop JBD386P coated drums
Advics WCT081 wheel cylinders (only listed for the Matrix but will fit the Vibe)
Beck/Arnley 0841565 hardware kit

You'll have to go outside Rock Auto if you want the best shoes.
OEM Toyota shoes part number 04495-01040 (search with and without the dash for best results)
If you don't want to pay that much, get Centric shoes from Rock Auto, but the OEM shoes are better if you can spring for them

Unfortunately, Bendix doesn't make their pre-assembled shoes for your Vibe. Otherwise, that would be the best choice for being easy to install.

Back