Bought a truck finally, warning no Ford content

Originally Posted by Miller88
$1500 and it still has bed sides , cab corners and rockers? What type of witchcraft is this???

Welcome to California.

I got 2 remotes from Amazon after figuring out this thing had an alarm a few nights ago... Programmed them and they worked!! So that was cool. I have everything to chagne the water pump and to the 145amp alternator upgrade too.

Nice! It is well equipped for a Summit/Olympic white reg cab. Those alloy wheels are getting hard to find and really look good on this generation of truck IMO.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
Nice! It is well equipped for a Summit/Olympic white reg cab. Those alloy wheels are getting hard to find and really look good on this generation of truck IMO.

It looks like one of the wheels was spray painted black or plasti-dip'd. Also is it normal for these to have GMC wheel covers? All 4 are GMC labeled. O and no spare wheel or tool roll.

Trying to decide if I should call LKQ and get a dirver's seat or see if someone local cam make a new pad and cover.

In 2004....You could but brand new "take-off" sets for @ $300 all day long.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal

It looks like one of the wheels was spray painted black or plasti-dip'd. Also is it normal for these to have GMC wheel covers? All 4 are GMC labeled. O and no spare wheel or tool roll.

Trying to decide if I should call LKQ and get a dirver's seat or see if someone local cam make a new pad and cover.

Pretty sure it should have bowties on the center caps. Previous owner stuff I guess.

I bought a foam pad and OE cloth cover not too long ago (within last 2 years) for the Sierra at work. Stuff like that is starting to run out from GM, but a good trim shop should have no problem. I'll try to remember to check tomorrow, remind me if I forget.

Dorman makes a replacement console lid.

Chevrolet "Bowtie" & GMC hub covers are available....Same wheel

Originally Posted by clinebarger

This one did have them originally by the RPO list, but there's no telling how it ended up being a $1500 tow yard truck with GMC center caps.
lol.gif
A lot happens in 280k.

I was digging through the glove box and found lien sale paperwork from January, good times.

O and the previous owner(s) smoked, so that kinda sucks.

And the only thing making me not order a new choppy cam to put in while I do he water pump is my irrational fear that the lifter trays will probably crack and I don't feel like pulling the heads yet.

Totally unrelated, the City of Goleta has some new rule where you can't have registered non-op vehicles in the driveway. So my 95 Mustang racecar project gets to go in the garage. Been spending the last weekish cleaning out 52 years worth of stuff. For reference my grandparents bought this house in 1968 when they moved here to work for Aero Spacelines.

Originally Posted by clinebarger

This one did have them originally by the RPO list, but there's no telling how it ended up being a $1500 tow yard truck with GMC center caps.
lol.gif
A lot happens in 280k.

Looked up center caps and that is way down the line. I kinda like the mis-matched mashup of random stuff with the truck.

O and the neighbors already want to borrow it
smirk2.gif

Yes, GM is very proud of their center caps. GMC is close enough!

I bet the garage cleanup was a pain, but probably some cool stuff in there.

Totally unrelated, the City of Goleta has some new rule where you can't have registered non-op vehicles in the driveway.

New source of revenue for the city?
33.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I need to find a truck like this. I want something high mileage/used so when I take it off-road I don't care if it gets banged up.

Yes, GM is very proud of their center caps. GMC is close enough!

I bet the garage cleanup was a pain, but probably some cool stuff in there.

Ya a lot of my grandpa's stuff. We had donated a lot of his woodworking tools to the local high school wood shop program. Had a lathe and a radial saw that I gave to one of the old guys my mom has breakfast with after church on Sundays.

Originally Posted by buster
thumbsup2.gif

I need to find a truck like this. I want something high mileage/used so when I take it off-road I don't care if it gets banged up.

Ya I was showing it to some friends and one of them said "you should have got a 4x4" like dude I got what they had.

Replaced the passenger mirror assembly today and I saw some "interesting" wiring behind the door panel. Looks like it is all related to the aftermarket radio. I will go back in at some point and fix it, but I had to laugh at the mess.

IMG_6841.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6845.jpg

Oh, how nice! Tow yard gems always seem to have some interesting wiring going on. I removed a bunch of home speaker wire from the Explorer...the previous owner's way of bypassing the factory amp.

The black one is my 05 1500 4.8/4L60E I recently bought from my employer and get paid mileage to use every day now. Speedometer has been broken for 5-6 years and almost 100,000kms now.

Burgundy truck is my friends 2002 1500HD with the 6.0/4L80 and a 2" lift.

These are my favorite non antique trucks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200725_113204.jpg
    IMG_20200725_113204.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200717_191430.jpg
    IMG_20200717_191430.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200614_182945.jpg
    IMG_20200614_182945.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200530_204321.jpg
    IMG_20200530_204321.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200524_180435.jpg
    IMG_20200524_180435.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 17
Originally Posted by dishdude
This is such an eljefino thread
lol.gif

Love it!

I've been wanting to get a truck for a long time. I had been looking at 6.0 Powerstrokes, guess I ended up with a different 6.0L haha. The truck is fun to drive but it does need some front end work. The Bilstein HD shocks showed up today actually.
No. Just no. I used to sell them, and that is the one product I talk more trash about than Chrysler. I'd rather drive another Jeep than any vehicle with Ford's 6.0PS.

Back