Bought a new F150 EB... tickets on the horizon!

BTW top speed is 107 mph from factory. IDK if 5* raises speed limiter. I assume they do.
Tune eliminates that. On a private testing area, the needle's been past the end of the numbers.

The E30 5 Star tune is flat-out incredible. Throttle response even low-down is super quick, and the top end is amazing. About the only downside I see is that since it's an overall performance tune, it eliminates the skip-shift at light throttle, which the 87 Perf/Tow tune retains. The additional torque actually makes the skip-shift fun, since the large RPM drop keeps bringing you back to where the torque peaks.

Considering that if you want to mix your own 30% E85/gas blend, you can pick up an additional 50-60rwhp over 93 octane (5 Star has some dyno graphs of 100% stock trucks on E30 tune @ 500RWHP!) and not have to change anything else on the truck, I think it's an amazing investment for $170 over a basic BDX tuner. I do think that on the dragstrip though, with this tune, I would definitely benefit from an upgraded intercooler to help with heat soak. Anybody already upgraded their intercooler on their 3.5 EB?

Clean pics, trying to catch the color of the paint:

Attachments

• 3E9DEBC3-5706-473C-A842-730339A328B9.jpeg
    3E9DEBC3-5706-473C-A842-730339A328B9.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 3E4E90CC-CE23-4275-BCAE-528E427AE349.jpeg
    3E4E90CC-CE23-4275-BCAE-528E427AE349.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 16
Fast in a straight line, lol.

I am actually surprised how well my truck handles compared to most CUV's.
They do until limits when solid axles etc. show weakness. That is the thing, people get ahead of themselves bcs. 0-60, when they are not design for performance overall, nor they should be.

BTW top speed is 107 mph from factory.

I'd like to know the formula Ford uses for their top speed limiters. My 19 STX supercrew 4x4 2.7EB with 3.55 rear is set at 102. My wife's 15 XLT 2wd 3.5EB supercrew with 3.15 rear is set at 104. Seems like different variations have different limiters. I know, back in the day, people claimed it was due to the tire speed rating. That's clearly false in today's terms, as my truck came from the factory with T rated (118mph) tires.

As a former member of the EcoBoost hater club, I think every hater should give one a shot. It certainly opened my eyes.

Pretty boring, some Ravenol DXG and an XG10-whatever it is (have to learn new numbers). Probably won't get a UOA on this fill, but will at the 30k mark. Gonna run the delivered oil til 25k, then swap to DXG for 5k. Filter will stay. Also got an Amsoil EAO17 filter as well, haven't decided on it.

Fast in a straight line, lol.

I am actually surprised how well my truck handles compared to most CUV's.
Yep … and my biggest performance need is getting on the freeway when vehicles are doing 80 mph - 90% of them in the RH lane … and an on-ramp that circled a drainage feature before finally getting straight
Better yet … they just added a couple joining in while going uphill 🧐

Nice! The steering wheel looks like a Raptor. I did not know you could get that on a STX.

Nice! The steering wheel looks like a Raptor. I did not know you could get that on a STX.
It’s an easy swap if someone wants to do it. I switched from the stx rubber wheel to a limited leather. I didn’t hook up the heated element in it, just wanted leather. Had the new wheel been without molding flaws it would have been a 10 minute swap. As it was, the rubber rubbed the column and the wheel itself was bent, and it took me some time to get that all right. The lack of quality in my dealer-purchased unit was astounding. That said, pop the airbag, 2 connectors and a big bolt, and it’s off. Reverse to assemble.

Back