Bought a 2023 Palisade today

Be aware that the LED backup lights and LED tag lights may interfere with the view from the backup camera, at night.
I didn’t see any problems playing around with it in the driveway this evening , comparing the incandescent to the led. But if it’s a problem I can always swap the bulbs back. I know sylvania makes another LED that is slightly less bright but i rolled the dice on these that are a bit brighter. They were only a couple of dollars more.

I’ll know for sure in the morning. I leave for work at 4:20 am so I’ll make sure to pay attention to the cameras and make sure all is ok.

You
I didn’t see any problems playing around with it in the driveway this evening , comparing the incandescent to the led. But if it’s a problem I can always swap the bulbs back. I know sylvania makes another LED that is slightly less bright but i rolled the dice on these that are a bit brighter. They were only a couple of dollars more.

I’ll know for sure in the morning. I leave for work at 4:20 am so I’ll make sure to pay attention to the cameras and make sure all is ok.
You may not have a problem. There can be problems in other vehicles.

You have a pic of the lamps when on in the dark or dusk? We have a palisade and I’d like to get rid of at least the reverse incandescents but I also don’t want obnoxiously bright bluish lights, just a nice sharp white light would be nice.

You have a pic of the lamps when on in the dark or dusk? We have a palisade and I’d like to get rid of at least the reverse incandescents but I also don’t want obnoxiously bright bluish lights, just a nice sharp white light would be nice.
This is the best I could do. I don’t think they are obnoxious at all, it is a much more crisp light and looks way better than incandescent light, IMO

Attachments

• AE49335C-E6FD-40F8-B341-D4F3F9E28AB8.jpeg
    AE49335C-E6FD-40F8-B341-D4F3F9E28AB8.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 45
No complaints on the dealer at all. I’ve had some crappy salesman in the past and the guy we dealt with was awesome. He did his regular sales pitch and wasn’t pushy at all when we said no thanks.

Here’s a pic, it’s dark out and not the best. I just got done installing led bulbs in the reverse lights and tag bulbs and WOW what a difference, especially how much it lights up the reverse camera. Tomorrow I’m dropping it off to get the window tint done on my way into work and my wife will pick it up in the evening. I ended up going with Llumar IRX film. 40% on the front 2 windows and 25% on the rear sides and back glass
Beautiful shade of white! I love white/black leather combo! (y)

Sticker price was 53.5k. OTD price was just under 57k after processing fees/ destination and taxes.
Congrats on the new car.
That's a chunk of change.
Oh please, two of the cars in my signature cost more than their Hyundai.
People like what they like, and if they are willing to pay the price, let them enjoy their car.
More than my mortgage!
I have 6 framed Monroney Stickers that came from new cars that we have bought hanging on the wall in our 4 car garage.
Those 6 vehicles alone exceed the amount we paid for our house in 2014.
Just to give you an idea, 2008 Chrysler Crosfire Roadster, 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth, 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring, 2015 Porsche Cayman Base, 2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia AWD Base, and 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Veloce are the ones hanging on the wall.

I only wish we had kept all of the Monroney Stickers for all of the cars that we bought new since we've been together.
I'm missing my 2007 Nissan Altima S, my 2011 Mazda RX-8, and my wife's 2012 Fiat 500 Sport.
She thought she had her 2001 PT Cruiser window sticker, but I haven't been able to find it.

And motorcycles don't come with window stickers.
If I ever added up how much I've spent on new motorcycles alone...

Congrats on the new car.

Oh please, two of the cars in my signature cost more than their Hyundai.
People like what they like, and if they are willing to pay the price, let them enjoy their car.

I have 6 framed Monroney Stickers that came from new cars that we have bought hanging on the wall in our 4 car garage.
Those 6 vehicles alone exceed the amount we paid for our house in 2014.
Just to give you an idea, 2008 Chrysler Crosfire Roadster, 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth, 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring, 2015 Porsche Cayman Base, 2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia AWD Base, and 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Veloce are the ones hanging on the wall.

I only wish we had kept all of the Monroney Stickers for all of the cars that we bought new since we've been together.
I'm missing my 2007 Nissan Altima S, my 2011 Mazda RX-8, and my wife's 2012 Fiat 500 Sport.
She thought she had her 2001 PT Cruiser window sticker, but I haven't been able to find it.

And motorcycles don't come with window stickers.
If I ever added up how much I've spent on new motorcycles alone...
Is your last name Jones? There won't be many people keeping up with you...

Congratulations!! We love ours. Wishing g you many years of safe, reliable and enjoyable driving.

And I may add in the real world.....not the one on here..
Yeah, I'm not happy about the price of new cars, but for a luxury SUV in 2022, that's not bad. My 1994 Eddie Bauer Explorer has a brand name of suitcases/clothing on the doors, but was not optioned with the electronics package, so no keyless entry or fancy door buttons. Not even an overhead console. Even the sunroof isn't powered. It stickered for about $30K almost 30 years ago, so OP is really getting a lot of features and comfort.

Well my wife did anyway. She had been on a wait list for about 4 months now. Got the call Saturday morning that it had arrived and they asked if we could be there Sunday at noon to test drive it. It’s white with black leather, top of the line calligraphy model. I’m not an suv kinda guy, but it’s pretty nice, she really seems to enjoy it anyway. I’m surprised that everything in it is power except the tilt wheel. Also all the lights seem to be led except the reverse bulbs. Those can be swapped out easily I suppose.

This had to be the easiest car buying experience I’ve ever dealt with. No pressure whatsoever. They are an MSRP dealer only, no “ market adjustment “ or any dumb fees like that. My wife had called several dealers initially to weed those out. They asked if we wanted any extended warranties and we said no. Sticker price was 53.5k. OTD price was just under 57k after processing fees/ destination and taxes. We were out of the dealer start to finish in an hour and 40 mins, and that included them detailing it. We got there when they opened and it wasn’t done yet

Going to make an appt to get the windows tinted this week, and I ordered her a set of weather tech floor mats for Christmas.
What dealer? A friend bought a Telluride recently and it had a hefty markup added to it. Fairfax/Chantilly area.

Nice new car. Geeze, the people with the rude comments about how much money they paid for the car.
A: Who cares, not your business
B: Thats what news cars cost if you want something nice.
I agree, those self-righteous, self-appointed arbiters of financial wisdom are more likely motivated by envy.
They would really freak out if they knew what I paid for a used car a couple of weeks ago.

Nice new car. Geeze, the people with the rude comments about how much money they paid for the car.
A: Who cares, not your business
B: Thats what news cars cost if you want something nice.
To be fair, the OP did start a thread to gloat about his new purchase. If you come to gloat you should expect to hear other people’s viewpoints. That’s just how it is.

Back