Bought a 2023 Palisade today

Well my wife did anyway. She had been on a wait list for about 4 months now. Got the call Saturday morning that it had arrived and they asked if we could be there Sunday at noon to test drive it. It’s white with black leather, top of the line calligraphy model. I’m not an suv kinda guy, but it’s pretty nice, she really seems to enjoy it anyway. I’m surprised that everything in it is power except the tilt wheel. Also all the lights seem to be led except the reverse bulbs. Those can be swapped out easily I suppose.

This had to be the easiest car buying experience I’ve ever dealt with. No pressure whatsoever. They are an MSRP dealer only, no “ market adjustment “ or any dumb fees like that. My wife had called several dealers initially to weed those out. They asked if we wanted any extended warranties and we said no. Sticker price was 53.5k. OTD price was just under 57k after processing fees/ destination and taxes. We were out of the dealer start to finish in an hour and 40 mins, and that included them detailing it. We got there when they opened and it wasn’t done yet

Going to make an appt to get the windows tinted this week, and I ordered her a set of weather tech floor mats for Christmas.

Everything is expensive these days it seems. I originally thought she might like a Lincoln Aviator but I had no idea a loaded one was 85k or more, and that was way too expensive. And they take premium fuel. She test drove a 2020 used palisade a few months ago and decided she liked it enough to put a deposit to hold one when they got a shipment.

She gets a fuel allowance from work and it’s regular or diesel only, no exceptions. The palisade seems to do fine on regular from what I’ve read even though it’s high compression.

She had a 2013 Toyota Tundra Limited for the last 10 years. Put 170k on it and the only problem it ever had was rear wheel bearings. I pulled the axles and had new bearings pressed on. I don’t think anyone has sat in the backseat more than a handful of times. She just grew tired of it and didn’t need a truck anymore.

Sold it to a Toyota dealer for 16k about 3 weeks ago. They listed it for 23k and it sold in a few days. Someone really got a clean truck that was over maintained, and had never towed anything.

My God Daughter bought a Palisade 2 years ago. I've ridden in it several times.
Seems like a nice SUV and she is happy with the vehicle.

A couple of months ago my FIL wanted one. All the places around here were doing $10k to $12k above MSRP. He ended up with a Highlander for $1K under sticker. Nice to read some Hyundai dealers are not doing the "market adjustment" stuff.

$57K out the door with TT&L? Yeah ok I'll be doing that on the 12th of never. I hope the car treats you well.

I'm not of course saying you shouldn't have done it, just saying that I won't be doing it. Everyone has to make the best decision for their personal situation. My personal situation will never involve 50 thousand dollar depreciating assets.

Well my wife did anyway. She had been on a wait list for about 4 months now. Got the call Saturday morning that it had arrived and they asked if we could be there Sunday at noon to test drive it. It’s white with black leather, top of the line calligraphy model. I’m not an suv kinda guy, but it’s pretty nice, she really seems to enjoy it anyway. I’m surprised that everything in it is power except the tilt wheel. Also all the lights seem to be led except the reverse bulbs. Those can be swapped out easily I suppose.

This had to be the easiest car buying experience I’ve ever dealt with. No pressure whatsoever. They are an MSRP dealer only, no “ market adjustment “ or any dumb fees like that. My wife had called several dealers initially to weed those out. They asked if we wanted any extended warranties and we said no. Sticker price was 53.5k. OTD price was just under 57k after processing fees/ destination and taxes. We were out of the dealer start to finish in an hour and 40 mins, and that included them detailing it. We got there when they opened and it wasn’t done yet

Going to make an appt to get the windows tinted this week, and I ordered her a set of weather tech floor mats for Christmas.
Yes-an extended warranty on a vehicle that has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty is rather silly. My wife's 2017 Hyundai Sant Fe XL (3.3-6 speed auto) has 60,000 miles with no issues. When we bought that the finance guy tried to charge us for "Nitrogen" and "Key Insurance" to a tune of $600.00 with out telling us. My wife caught it-they lost our business forever.
Congrats those are nice SUVs.

Sounds like your dealer is decent.

Yes-an extended warranty on a vehicle that has a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty is rather silly. My wife's 2017 Hyundai Sant Fe XL (3.3-6 speed auto) has 60,000 miles with no issues. When we bought that the finance guy tried to charge us for "Nitrogen" and "Key Insurance" to a tune of $600.00 with out telling us. My wife caught it-they lost our business forever.
Congrats those are nice SUVs.

Sounds like your dealer is decent.

No complaints on the dealer at all. I’ve had some crappy salesman in the past and the guy we dealt with was awesome. He did his regular sales pitch and wasn’t pushy at all when we said no thanks.

Here’s a pic, it’s dark out and not the best. I just got done installing led bulbs in the reverse lights and tag bulbs and WOW what a difference, especially how much it lights up the reverse camera. Tomorrow I’m dropping it off to get the window tint done on my way into work and my wife will pick it up in the evening. I ended up going with Llumar IRX film. 40% on the front 2 windows and 25% on the rear sides and back glass

Attachments

• 2271F541-A1C1-42E8-9970-5487B8756FC5.jpeg
    2271F541-A1C1-42E8-9970-5487B8756FC5.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 108
  • E03AA249-540C-4E18-84C9-B818855E369F.jpeg
    E03AA249-540C-4E18-84C9-B818855E369F.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
LOOKS GREAT! Wishing you many years and thousands of miles of safe reliable transport. Our dealership experience was excellent during the purchase and subsequent visits as well.

Tomorrow I’m dropping it off to get the window tint done on my way into work and my wife will pick it up in the evening. I ended up going with Llumar IRX film. 40% on the front 2 windows and 25% on the rear sides and back glass

Just FYI, the tint levels that you proposed will not pass inspection in the State of Virginia (see VA inspection code below).
  1. Except as provided in § 46.2-1053, but notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, no sun-shading or tinting film may be applied or affixed to any window of a motor vehicle unless such motor vehicle is equipped with a mirror on each side of such motor vehicle, so located as to reflect to the driver of the vehicle a view of the highway for at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle, and the sun-shading or tinting film is applied or affixed in accordance with the following:
    1. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the rear side windows or rear window or windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduce the total light transmittance of such window to less than thirty-five percent;
    2. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the front side windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduce total light transmittance of such window to less than fifty percent;
    3. No sun-shading or tinting films shall be applied or affixed to any window of a motor vehicle that (i) have a reflectance of light exceeding twenty percent or (ii) produce a holographic or prism effect.
Any person who operates a motor vehicle on the highways of this Commonwealth with sun-shading or tinting films that (i) have a total light transmittance less than that required by subdivisions 1 and 2 of this subsection, (ii) have a reflectance of light exceeding twenty percent, or (iii) produce holographic or prism effects shall be guilty of a traffic infraction but shall not be awarded any demerit points by the Commissioner for the violation.

That’s the law for passenger cars in VA. 50% front and 35% in the back. State inspectors only check to see if the windshield has anything below the AS-1 line. I know several people who have 5% all the way around and go through state inspections just fine. I won’t do it, It’s too hard to see out of the front 2 windows at night when the fronts are that dark.

Trucks and SUV’s can have any darkness on the rear windows and back glass. I’ve always done the 40% on the fronts of everything I own and never had an issue. It always meters between 32-37% depending how “ tinted “ the front glass comes from the factory. It’s usually like 72-75%

Factory rear glass on trucks and SUV’s always meters around 18-23% from what I’ve seen.

Here’s a pic of the va tint laws.

Attachments

• C3E46BFB-0360-4329-B32A-F04664DB478B.jpeg
    C3E46BFB-0360-4329-B32A-F04664DB478B.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 11
Here’s a pic, it’s dark out and not the best. I just got done installing led bulbs in the reverse lights and tag bulbs and WOW what a difference, especially how much it lights up the reverse camera. Tomorrow I’m dropping it off to get the window tint done on my way into work and my wife will pick it up in the evening. I ended up going with Llumar IRX film. 40% on the front 2 windows and 25% on the rear sides and back glass
Hope you don't mind. I touched up the pic a bit. Hope you like it. Nice looking vehicle.

1671499749085.jpeg

No complaints on the dealer at all. I’ve had some crappy salesman in the past and the guy we dealt with was awesome. He did his regular sales pitch and wasn’t pushy at all when we said no thanks.

Be aware that the LED backup lights and LED tag lights may interfere with the view from the backup camera, at night.

Back