Bosch Premium OIl FIlter Menard's $4.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a good deal?

Are Bosch Premium oil filters about like Fram orange cans and Purolator white filters?

Thanks.

Bosch Premium (4-dogot part numbers, 3xxx) are reboxed P1's.

The Bosch Workshop (5-digit part number starting with 7, 7xxxxWS) are reboxed Classics.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I think normally they're like $11 at Walmart for the Matrix. Which is more than a Fram Ultra at $9.

edit: looks like a different one than I was thinking.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-3323-Premium...mium+oil+filter

Walmart sells the Bosch Distance filters(~$12 each), I gather those are like Fram Ultras.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Bosch Premium (4-dogot part numbers, 3xxx) are reboxed P1's.

The Bosch Workshop (5-digit part number starting with 7, 7xxxxWS) are reboxed Classics.

Yes, they are the 4 digit filters. So $5 for a Purolator Pure One(or Purolator One) instead of $8 at the auto part stores.

Since they are reboxed Purolator One oil filters, do they suffer from the tearing thing?

If Menard's has a Quaker State filter that fits whatever application you're looking for, go with it for $2.84 instead.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
If Menard's has a Quaker State filter that fits whatever application you're looking for, go with it for $2.84 instead.

Yes, Menard's has Quaker State filters.

I have never heard anything good or bad on this site about Quaker State oil filters.

The Bosch Premium oil filters use a silicone ADBV while the QS oil filters use a nitrile ADBV.

The Bosch Long Life is the closest to an Ultra, I've only seen them on Amazon. The Distance Plus is a blend like a Mobil 1, it's only advantage is can thickness, they're pretty tank-like, but expensive.

I forget the price, but my local menards has probably a dozen(if not more) Loose, fl-500s's sitting on their clearance shelf. Not boxed, not shrink wrapped, sitting out all loosey-goosey....

which i really odd since they don't normally carry motorcraft filters, just QS, and Fram orange cans.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
The Bosch Long Life is the closest to an Ultra, I've only seen them on Amazon. The Distance Plus is a blend like a Mobil 1, it's only advantage is can thickness, they're pretty tank-like, but expensive.

Bosch LL is a reboxed Purolator Synthetic; Bosch LL cans made since July 2015 (date code starting with F07G, or any number higher than 7) will most likely be Bosses underneath.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
If it's made in Germany buy it...

I find it hilarious that people think Germans are incapable of making a mediocre product.

If that were the case, BMW and Mercedes would never break down and need service.

Originally Posted By: stchman
I find it hilarious that people think Germans are incapable of making a mediocre product.

I'll tell you what, I'll trade the 2000 Cavalier for your MB??

If that were the case, BMW and Mercedes would never break down and need service.

We are talking oil filters here not cars. I have German made Bosch filters in my stash and they are in a league of their own for quality

Last edited:

I'll tell you what, I'll trade the 2000 Cavalier for your MB??

We are talking oil filters here not cars. I have German made Bosch filters in my stash and they are in a league of their own for quality

I don't own a Mercedes Benz.

How are German made Bosch filters in a "league of their own"?

I was being facetious...

check the oil filters forum..

I was being facetious...

I was being facetious as well.

So pretty much a "just cause I said so" on the oil filters.

I was being facetious...

So pretty much a "just cause I said so".

I just dont have the time or patience to type it all out. German filters are highly regarded for quality on this forum. You can do you own research.

I was being facetious...

So pretty much a "just cause I said so".

I just dont have the time or patience to type it all out. German filters are highly regarded for quality on this forum. You can do you own research.

Yes, I know people get warm fuzzies about a filter when they cut it open and it looks good, when looks have NOTHING to do with a filter's ability to filter oil. About the only thing you can glean from cutting open a filter is if the media is torn.

Yes, let's choose oil and filters with our emotions instead of actual facts, sound advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back