Bosch Cabin Air Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of any online retailers that sell Bosch Cabin Air Filters besides Autozone. There isn't even a store that sells them in my area.
mad.gif
I want to try out one of their charcoal impregnated Cabin filters to see if it gets rid of nasty odours. Any info is appreciated.

What nasty odors are you trying to remove? Do they eminate from the inside or outside of the car. If they are coming from the inside of the car, I don't think a charcoal cabin filter will do anything for you. If the smell comes from outside, then taking a different route to work/gym/store would probably be a more effective solution.

quote:

Originally posted by Cuplable:
What nasty odors are you trying to remove? Do they eminate from the inside or outside of the car. If they are coming from the inside of the car, I don't think a charcoal cabin filter will do anything for you. If the smell comes from outside, then taking a different route to work/gym/store would probably be a more effective solution.

These odors eminate from the outside of the vehicle and since I live in a large city it really doesn't matter which route I take to work/gym/store. Bosch claims their charcoal cabin filters reduce or eliminate these odors so I would just like to try one and see what happens but I don't want to pay the $50.00 Autozone price. I'm sure there is someone out there who sells them cheaper.

$50?

AUTOHAUS.com
Autopartswharehouse.com

For my BMW I get them for 16 bucks, the Autozone price for mine is around 20. Odd yours would be higher, the BMW filter is pretty big, what car are you buying for?

In all honesty the charcoal is hardly enough to remove odors for more than an hour or two, I know, you would need 20 pounds to absorb what your car encounters during a normal month. Many times funky odors are not from the outside but rather the accumulation of moisture in the AC system that forms a moldy/fungus smell.

try turning off the AC 5 minutes before shutdown once and a while, run the fan on high, hoping to dry out the system.

Dont pay $50 for a cabin filter, go on Ebay go anywhere but dont pay $50, thats highway robbery.

AutoHauz. For BMW 5 types to choose from, free delivery also oil filters (Mahn) under 5 bucks.

I'm happy, BTW the Local Autozone told me they can order my BOSCH and its under 20 bucks, 03 3 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back