Bosch 3300 Cut Open 5,104 Miles

Do those filters say Made in Mexico and have reference to M+H on them or the box?
Some of Microgards basics are made by M&H perhaps not all but some. Again, Microgards sources some of their basic lines of filters from M&H. Go to Oreilly's and ask to see several of their basic line filters? Maybe it will show M&H & or COO?

Last edited:
Some of Microgards basics are made by M&H perhaps not all but some. Again, Microgards sources some of their basic lines of filters from M&H. Go to Oreilly's and ask to see several of their basic line filters? Maybe it will show M&H & or COO?
I bought a MircoGard Select extended life filter (made in Vietnam as you know) last week, but didn't look at the basic filter line. Maybe next time. I did find this article that explains a lot about MicroGard production.

I bought a MircoGard Select extended life filter (made in Vietnam as you know) last week, but didn't look at the basic filter line. Maybe next time. I did find this article that explains a lot about MicroGard production.

Yes, Surprisingly that AI link has some of the same information. Look for the standard "red box" Microgard & snap a pic of the date code. Maybe that will help tell if it's M&H style? I think mainly by WIX. I know it can get confusing & we can't forget that Microgard is simply Oreilly's house brand. While they've mainly gone to Premium Guards to source the Select, as you bought, some of the standard filters are sourced elsewhere like M&H WIX.

Nitrile ADBV, less media? Hard pass here but to each his own.
My experience with ecores has all been positive. I’d probably just keep using the Delos and ST ecores for a little less anyway but as far as I’m concerned it’s an upgrade for fram. Especially considering the more recent issues we’ve been seeing with them.

My guess is that it is no longer the 95% at 20 microns media, but the same 99% at 30 microns media the Supertech has. No longer the value that it was.
Would 95%at 20 microns maybe actually be something like 99%at 30 microns anyway? Seen too many ridiculously high mileage vehicles using jobber type filters to believe it makes a big enough difference to bother obsessing over(including my own) anyway.

Do those filters say Made in Mexico and have reference to M+H on them or the box?
Here's one @53' Stude cut that shows Made in Mexico and noted by the somewhat lousy Microgard quality (Pleat spacing) in his c&p.

Made in Mexico Microgard
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/microgard-mgl-57060-cut-opem.372695/#post-6599866

Made in Vietnam Microgard
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/microgard-mgl57712-product-source-change.372964/#post-6613410

And as you already know things can always change tomorrow & become obsolete info. 😜

Last edited:
Would 95%at 20 microns maybe actually be something like 99%at 30 microns anyway? Seen too many ridiculously high mileage vehicles using jobber type filters to believe it makes a big enough difference to bother obsessing over(including my own) anyway.
Yeah I don't think it makes a difference really over the long haul. For me the silicone to nitrile ADBV is more of a loss in a value filter, owning a vehicle that is picky about ADBVs.

Would 95%at 20 microns maybe actually be something like 99%at 30 microns anyway?
Yes, that was my take in post 60. I doubt Fram is going to make the EG media any less efficient than that (unless M+H takes over, lol), even if it does "change", like the color and/or texture of the media.

Yes, Surprisingly that AI link has some of the same information.
Guess they are sending AI to college now, lol. ;)

1708650678350.jpg

Seems to fall inline with the Baldwin B7491 I posted and it's inexpensive.
Yes, that Baldwin looked like pretty good and similar construction (also uses a coil spring to keep guts tight), except for the louvered center tube. Not sure what the efficiency of the Baldwin is rated at, but the MG Select is 99% @ 25u.

Just reading the first two sentences on that link you provided.

"Microgard has different types of oil filters for different types of oil. The answer to who makes microgard oil filters depend on the grade of oil."

:ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I laughed at that too. Guess the guy better take some more engine courses at college, or have AI teach him. 😂

Yes, that Baldwin looked like pretty good and similar construction (also uses a coil spring to keep guts tight), except for the louvered center tube. Not sure what the efficiency of the Baldwin is rated at, but the MG Select is 99% @ 25u.
We concluded around 99% @ 30u
About half the price though. Not that it's the most important thing.
The Select retail is near $11 I guess before discounts

Back