Bosch Premium made in Mexico-avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've been using the Bosch Premium 3323 for a few years due to its excellent value. Last week I ordered another batch of six filters via the official Bosch page on Amazon; today I began inspecting the newly arrived 3323's versus the one remaining 3233 I have from a previous order via RA.
As many of you know...because I learned via this forum that some Bosch oil filters are now made in Mexico. There are other posts on BITOG, including video links showing the issues in the made in Mexico filters.
What I've posted to say is what I was told by a Bosch product rep today. I called Bosch just to find out if I could have received counterfeit filters; the rep asked me a few questions about my purchase and verified that I do have real Bosch 3323 oil filters. At this point the rep began to tell me some information, firstly they (Bosch) has been receiving plenty of complaints about the made in Mexico filters; I hope they take action to remedy these issues. Secondly the only way to assure you are buying a non defective/poorly made Bosch oil filter is to only buy from a local source where you are able to open the box and inspect the filter prior to purchase, the rep told me this flat out, no online source can assure what quality filter you would receive.

Hope this will help some fellow BITOG'ers to avoid any potential issues using a made in Mexico Bosch oil filter.

Hello, I've been using the Bosch Premium 3323 for a few years due to its excellent value. Last week I ordered another batch of six filters via the official Bosch page on Amazon; today I began inspecting the newly arrived 3323's versus the one remaining 3233 I have from a previous order via RA.
As many of you know...because I learned via this forum that some Bosch oil filters are now made in Mexico. There are other posts on BITOG, including video links showing the issues in the made in Mexico filters.
What I've posted to say is what I was told by a Bosch product rep today. I called Bosch just to find out if I could have received counterfeit filters; the rep asked me a few questions about my purchase and verified that I do have real Bosch 3323 oil filters. At this point the rep began to tell me some information, firstly they (Bosch) has been receiving plenty of complaints about the made in Mexico filters; I hope they take action to remedy these issues. Secondly the only way to assure you are buying a non defective/poorly made Bosch oil filter is to only buy from a local source where you are able to open the box and inspect the filter prior to purchase, the rep told me this flat out, no online source can assure what quality filter you would receive.

Hope this will help some fellow BITOG'ers to avoid any potential issues using a made in Mexico Bosch oil filter.
WHY??? and why do you say they are defective???

Mexico has now exceeded China exporting goods to the US of A. Better get used to more.

Louvered filters made everywhere have had bad batches. I don't blame "Made in Mexico" for this.

Reactions: hrv
When talking with the Bosch product rep, nice guy by the way, I tried to coax out as much info as I could. My impression based on what this guy was willing to say, refreshingly not any canned corporate speak, is that yeah, internally Bosch is aware, they are not pleased with the situation. I suspect time will tell depending on number of complaints, loss sales and such whether or not Bosch gets with the vendor and demands a change.

When talking with the Bosch product rep, nice guy by the way, I tried to coax out as much info as I could. My impression based on what this guy was willing to say, refreshingly not any canned corporate speak, is that yeah, internally Bosch is aware, they are not pleased with the situation. I suspect time will tell depending on number of complaints, loss sales and such whether or not Bosch gets with the vendor and demands a change.
Bosch needs to crack some heads and tell their production supplier to get the quality right or they will find someone else who can do the job right.

BAD ...

1695782540058.jpeg

Let's hope they do. These made in Mexico 3323 are entirely different as compared to the USA 3323 I have, Size, base plate, ADBV, paint, bypass set up.

I ordered 6 Champ XL's

Cummins, who owns Fleetguard, has all of their filters made in Mexico. I never had issues with them. My Ram was assembled in Mexico too, tightest vehicle I ever owned. The poor quality Mexico connection just doesn't stand up or resonate with me.

You sure those filters are not Bullsch?
I got a few on hand, going to check them now....

2 out of 4 that I have are in fact Bullsch, bought from RA. Bummer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back