Bolt extractor and max torque?

Is there a guideline how much torque screw extractors can take? For example, how much torque can a #4 screw extractor (9/32"-3/8") handle and how much more torque can a #5 (3/8" -5/8") take? Or how many degrees can you twist an extractor safely before it snaps? Thanks!

I can tell you if they are carbide, they will snap without warning.
You won't feel it starting to give. It will feel solid , then a sudden snap.

I own this set. Paid $32 @Amazon, last one in stock. They’re pretty stout.
$72 and out of stock at Amazon. Are they made out of Tiger Tank steel quenched in actual tiger blood? I have a set of Hanson-Irwin extractors that I've never had to use until now.

$72 and out of stock at Amazon. Are they made out of Tiger Tank steel quenched in actual tiger blood? I have a set of Hanson-Irwin extractors that I've never had to use until now.
Don’t know, and don’t care. As I said, I paid $32, and that’s a good price (don’t get started on “just” prices, please)

I was interested in the reason for the product's superiority in comparison. I do care, even if you don't. I don't care about the price.

I was interested in the reason for the product's superiority in comparison. I do care, even if you don't. I don't care about the price.
So you take the price as a measure of superiority? Whatever that means to you...I see you already started the “just” price nonsense.

So you take the price as a measure of superiority? Whatever that means to you...I see you already started the “just” price nonsense.
No, I do not. I made one crack about the price, you keep talking about prices. Stahlwille is makes top quality tools. They are not cheap. No problem. You said their screw extractors were stout. I don't doubt it. I just want to know based on what you assess their superiority. Did they work where others failed when you used them?

No, I do not. Stahlwille is makes top quality tools. They are not cheap. No problem. You said their screw extractors were stout. I don't doubt it. I just want to know based on what you assess their superiority. Did they work where other failed when you used them?
Actually, I never inferred superiority. I just plainly stated I got a good deal - to ME - on a quality tool. That’s all 😊

Actually, I never inferred superiority. I just plainly stated I got a good deal - to ME - on a quality tool. That’s all 😊
Good deal is about price as much as a quality. I was just looking for a superior tool. Anyway, it looks like my screw type extractor won't do because it snapped as easily as a human thumb.

I have this fluted set from napa.
IMG_20210228_164914794_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210228_164933066_HDR.jpg

Back