Blackstone 36" griddle

Bought our youngest daughter the 36" griddle, she's really been into cooking and trying a lot of recipes, been showing her how to bbq with my 26" weber kettle, she found the griddle at Tractor Supply from the last black friday sale. Was sold out but she got a rain check and we picked it up today. I got it assembled and been out in the patio seasoning it, Big heat and lots of smoke. she can't wait to get this thing cooking , any tips???

Attachments

• 71Q5cBfjidL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71Q5cBfjidL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 23
Season it well, high heat and olive oil is what I used. Coated it heated till smoking. More olive oil spread with a paper towel and the spatula.

Cleanup is easy I'd you do it right after cooking , rub a wet paper towel around while still hot. Wipe down with oil after it cools.

I dont like olive oil for seasoning it has one of the lowest smoke points. I usually use canola, blend, veg, etc.

On order. :)

Attachments

• 9d61a3ce-e31f-4543-97b7-c2e6c035e7a7_1.7af62a49412265ef1a7111c1ddc198e1.jpeg
    9d61a3ce-e31f-4543-97b7-c2e6c035e7a7_1.7af62a49412265ef1a7111c1ddc198e1.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 8
I have the Range Combo.
It's too big for just two people, but for entertaining its great.

I'd have bought a smaller model, but after you buy the lid, it's as much or more than what I bought, which comes with the lid.

I considered the Blackstone griddle but it is too big as the wife and I are empty nesters. I went with the Weber griddle for their gas grills. You pop one grill grate out of your grill, insert the Weber cast iron griddle and you’re ready to cook. You can cook enough on it for 4 people without having to deal with a big flat top.

Grape seed oil for seasoning. Got a cover for the griddle?
Found the GRIDDLE THREAD!

Agree, I'm going to use grape seed oil. Works BEST on my cast iron. Need to clean it first, then season cycle it. Then a mess of bacon.

I bought the 36" WM exclusive Pro series (ahhahaha). Nice unit for the price. I need to hard line it to the house LP today.

Message_1647643072248.jpg

Mine works well, seems like the prices went up significantly over the last two years.

You need to level it for the grease to drain correctly.
Oddly, WM had mine for the same price as 2020 when I first looked at it. Cover had gone up like $10 though. Funny that.

From my hard plumbing, I will have "rubber" line as I do on my grill to roll away from the house and make sure grease goes down. :D
(y)

I considered the Blackstone griddle but it is too big as the wife and I are empty nesters. I went with the Weber griddle for their gas grills. You pop one grill grate out of your grill, insert the Weber cast iron griddle and you’re ready to cook. You can cook enough on it for 4 people without having to deal with a big flat top.
My wife yelling at me for the size and weight of this monster, but we have guests all this year starting next week - overwhelmed with CA and HI folks. Gonna be great!!!

Last edited:
Plumbed to house. Well seasoned with grape seed oil. And cooked a whole pack of bacon. Nice black patina, fairly non-stick/ Will take just a couple more cooks, but is great. I love managing the griddle! Smash burgers and tons of onions tonight.

Back