How To Remove Cooking Oil From Windshield?

Well, my windshields, glass and entire cars look awesome. The DAWN did the trick. With very little effort. Here's the rub...Grandkids
spent the night and they wanted pancakes, sausage, bacon, fried and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning. Time to break
out the Blackstone. My wife helped we get it out of the garage through the side door. So far so good. No airborne grease in
the garage any more.

Then of all things, as she was walking across the garage floor to the entry door, she said, "Do you think the garage floor feels greasy?"
Then my 4 year old Granddaughter said, "Nana, why are the bottoms of my feet dirty and black? We didn't go outside?"

Costco has Dawn in those big gallon containers, right?

I get pretty greasy if I don't shower for a few days. I think I just found me a shower buddy.

Well, my windshields, glass and entire cars look awesome. The DAWN did the trick. With very little effort. Here's the rub...Grandkids
spent the night and they wanted pancakes, sausage, bacon, fried and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning. Time to break
out the Blackstone. My wife helped we get it out of the garage through the side door. So far so good. No airborne grease in
the garage any more.

Then of all things, as she was walking across the garage floor to the entry door, she said, "Do you think the garage floor feels greasy?"
Then my 4 year old Granddaughter said, "Nana, why are the bottoms of my feet dirty and black? We didn't go outside?"

Costco has Dawn in those big gallon containers, right?

I get pretty greasy if I don't shower for a few days. I think I just found me a shower buddy.

You don’t need a gallon.

You haven’t seen me change oil, transmission fluid and gear lube have you?:oops:

An old truck driver trick is to wet the windshield, pour Coca-Cola on it and wipe it thoroughly. Be sure to wipe off the wipers and don't let the Coke dry (rinse thoroughly.)

tested on glass my recipe, with mindblowing results. quality towel is key.
0,5L 50%isopropyl and a tbsp of "salt of hartshorn" baking powder; because i can´t buy ammonia water.

Household "ammonia" (also incorrectly called ammonium hydroxide) is a solution of NH3 in water, and is used as a general purpose cleaner for many surfaces. Because ammonia results in a relatively streak-free shine, one of its most common uses is to clean glass, porcelain and stainless steel. It is also frequently used for cleaning ovens and soaking items to loosen baked-on grime. Household ammonia ranges in concentration by weight from 5 to 10% ammonia.[64] United States manufacturers of cleaning products are required to provide the product's material safety data sheet which lists the concentration used.[65]

Solutions of ammonia (5–10% by weight) are used as household cleaners, particularly for glass. These solutions are irritating to the eyes and mucous membranes (respiratory and digestive tracts), and to a lesser extent the skin. Experts advise that caution be used to ensure the substance is not mixed into any liquid containing bleach, due to the danger of toxic gas. Mixing with chlorine-containing products or strong oxidants, such as household bleach, can generate chloramines.[66]

Experts also warn not to use ammonia-based cleaners (such as glass or window cleaners) on car touchscreens, due to the risk of damage to the screen's anti-glare and anti-fingerprint coatings.[67]

An old truck driver trick is to wet the windshield, pour Coca-Cola on it and wipe it thoroughly. Be sure to wipe off the wipers and don't let the Coke dry (rinse thoroughly.)
It's probably the phosphoric acid in Coke that removes many contaminants.

Back