Beware of K&N and AEM, now part of K&N!

Ordered an AEM Oil-less Air Filter for my 2016 RAV4...website was confusing. They sent a filter that did not fit and later told me that the website was wrong and they do not make a filter for my vehicle. Had to send the wrong filter back at my expense (FEDEX $18+) Has been 7 weeks and they have not refunded the price of the filter ($46+). Their people were rude and not helpful on the phone. Stay away from K&N and AEM!

Ordered an AEM Oil-less Air Filter for my 2016 RAV4...website was confusing. They sent a filter that did not fit and later told me that the website was wrong and they do not make a filter for my vehicle. Had to send the wrong filter back at my expense (FEDEX $18+) Has been 7 weeks and they have not refunded the price of the filter ($46+). Their people were rude and not helpful on the phone. Stay away from K&N and AEM!
If you haven't already, contact your credit card issuer so you can dispute the charges. Seven weeks is crazy.

The title is wrong.

Should say: Beware of AEM, now part of K&N.

So, 28-20360 doesn't fit the airbox?

Should of ordered through Amazon. Returns are a lot easier.

Last edited:
+1 on contacting your CC company, although it may already be too late. I would have never spent more $ to fix THEIR mistake either! AEM oil filters are now K&N as well.

It has been a few years, but I called K&N about a 9 yr old chrome open element filter on my vintage car that was showing signs of rust on the lid.

They told me, with no hesitation, that under the lifetime warranty, they would send me a new one at no cost. They just asked that I throw the old one away. I was impressed.

I just stick to a good old Fram Air Filter or OEM Honda....They have worked fine for me for many many years...I might include oil filters too

This is why I stick with the throw away kind of filter. Get my monies worth than part ways with the local trash pickup.

It has been a few years, but I called K&N about a 9 yr old chrome open element filter on my vintage car that was showing signs of rust on the lid.

They told me, with no hesitation, that under the lifetime warranty, they would send me a new one at no cost. They just asked that I throw the old one away. I was impressed.
I had a great result with K&N Customer service too. I was missing the CARB decal on my 15 year old intake. I asked for a new one by email, had to send some photos, then told I didn’t install part of it. I wasn’t happy and called. The girl who answered was funny, “that person doesn’t know what they’re talking about, I’ll send it” she sent the whole box of hardware and the sticker for free. Nice.

Back