best vehicle model to run on waste motor oil aka black diesel

hello,

i have done research.

i heard ford idi and dodge cummins trucks run on w85 -85 percent wmo with 15 RUG all the time .

I live in central america; 89 degree average temperature year round.

ford and dodge diesel idi trucks can get pricey over here.

I see available lower price idi diesels such as mercedes benz 240d w123, toyota corolla 1990 1c diesel engine.

I heard that the mercedes benz 240d w123 prechamber design makes it so they plugged with carbon, anyone have experience with running wmo in w123 diesel benz.

also i heard tha tford idi pickup trucks run happily on wmo because they have swirl prechamber design which does not clogged up.

does toyota 1c diesel engine design have swirl prechambers like ford; this would mean good to run WMO?

What other IDI diesel have swirl prechambers other than ford idi pickup trucks as these suit WMO well?

What diesel IDI models would you recommend for running WMO?

i plan to cut the wmo with rug 15 per cent; let it sit for 3 days as this helps sediments to fall and then filter through a 10 micron, 5 micron and 1 micron filter sock with a final pass through a fuel filter with water separator to remove water before placing in vehicles tank

i have a 1990 toyota corolla 1c diesel i would like to try this on; will this engine run good on wmo?

also looking for a another vehicle to run wmo on as this would get driven by my mother mostly, hence the title of the thread

thanks

This channel will be useful to you:

It seems that apart from the fact you have to use a centrifuge and have a dual tank system, your success will vastly depend on the prechamber design. OM61x engines seem to have issues burning WMO no matter what. I started running about 30% WMO in one of my diesels (OM605 engine) but it smelled like the pistons didn't have control rings and i think it was already coking up after only 2 tanks. I could feel the power loss and running a tank of diesel and driving it hard seemed to restore everything.

hello,

i have done research.

i heard ford idi and dodge cummins trucks run on w85 -85 percent wmo with 15 RUG all the time .

I live in central america; 89 degree average temperature year round.

ford and dodge diesel idi trucks can get pricey over here.

I see available lower price idi diesels such as mercedes benz 240d w123, toyota corolla 1990 1c diesel engine.

I heard that the mercedes benz 240d w123 prechamber design makes it so they plugged with carbon, anyone have experience with running wmo in w123 diesel benz.

also i heard tha tford idi pickup trucks run happily on wmo because they have swirl prechamber design which does not clogged up.

does toyota 1c diesel engine design have swirl prechambers like ford; this would mean good to run WMO?

What other IDI diesel have swirl prechambers other than ford idi pickup trucks as these suit WMO well?

What diesel IDI models would you recommend for running WMO?

i plan to cut the wmo with rug 15 per cent; let it sit for 3 days as this helps sediments to fall and then filter through a 10 micron, 5 micron and 1 micron filter sock with a final pass through a fuel filter with water separator to remove water before placing in vehicles tank

i have a 1990 toyota corolla 1c diesel i would like to try this on; will this engine run good on wmo?

also looking for a another vehicle to run wmo on as this would get driven by my mother mostly, hence the title of the thread

thanks

I would think VW diesels would be prevalent in Central America. They were prechamber prior to 1997.

I used to run my 1.9 IDI Jetta on WMO, although I did have issues with the injector heat shields plugging with carbon. However, I didn’t get very scientific with filtering and additives—it is possible that the addition of more gasoline would have prevented this.

If you want to run cheaper fuel, Jet A/JP8 (aka kerosene) could be an alternative to pump diesel. If your injection pump can take it and you can source it could be the way to go. I used to run it for many years with a small dose of two stroke oil added or 50/50 with diesel and my engine and fuel system was extremely clean and not a hint of smoke, never. That was on a another Mercedes OM605 engine with an inline injection pump. To me that is the best alternative fuel to diesel. I am planning to run WVO but just as WMO, it is a bit tricky and requires a two tank system, filtration etc.

This channel will be useful to you:

It seems that apart from the fact you have to use a centrifuge and have a dual tank system, your success will vastly depend on the prechamber design. OM61x engines seem to have issues burning WMO no matter what. I started running about 30% WMO in one of my diesels (OM605 engine) but it smelled like the pistons didn't have control rings and i think it was already coking up after only 2 tanks. I could feel the power loss and running a tank of diesel and driving it hard seemed to restore everything.
thanks for the link i already seen his videos cutterup rob good info
I would think VW diesels would be prevalent in Central America. They were prechamber prior to 1997.

I used to run my 1.9 IDI Jetta on WMO, although I did have issues with the injector heat shields plugging with carbon. However, I didn’t get very scientific with filtering and additives—it is possible that the addition of more gasoline would have prevented this.
vw diesels not very prevalent; toyota diesels more prevalent.
If you want to run cheaper fuel, Jet A/JP8 (aka kerosene) could be an alternative to pump diesel. If your injection pump can take it and you can source it could be the way to go. I used to run it for many years with a small dose of two stroke oil added or 50/50 with diesel and my engine and fuel system was extremely clean and not a hint of smoke, never. That was on a another Mercedes OM605 engine with an inline injection pump. To me that is the best alternative fuel to diesel. I am planning to run WVO but just as WMO, it is a bit tricky and requires a two tank system, filtration etc.
kerosene about same price as diesel

i read online somewhere from a guy from germany who had sucess with wvo in a mercedes diesel with minimal modifications as he had tried dual tank , etc ,etc and he had a simple mod like a tube from the fuel tank to the engine and came to the conclusion that simple mods in case of wvo function best he evend used wvo en cold winters in gemrany

OM616/617 engines will run WVO.

WMO in any vehicle is an environmental nightmare, and bad for the engine. The ash from the oils is going to build up. Prechambers or not.

Biodiesel is great, lubricity, solvency, etc. cut WVO is ok depending upon climate and how you start/warm up/shut down the engine.

WMO, no thanks.

I had a Mercedes Benz 240d w123. I burned the oil from changes in it, but only one quart per fill-up in a 23 gallon tank.. So can't really help on running full WMO.

Jesus, the exhaust from that must be horrific!! Diesels are toxic enough to be stuck behind at the best of times, this sounds like the most anti social idea ever...

Antique 6.9/7.3 Ford diesels are really the only option

First generation Cummins from what I know still end up with problems .

6.2 diesels require a steady injector removal clean and reinstallion with nearly every oil change

True “black” diesel is done with a high temperature sill and will run in any diesel without a centrifuge.

Antique 6.9/7.3 Ford diesels are really the only option

First generation Cummins from what I know still end up with problems .

6.2 diesels require a steady injector removal clean and reinstallion with nearly every oil change

True “black” diesel is done with a high temperature sill and will run in any diesel without a centrifuge.

I could be just getting old....But didn't Navistar IDI & GM/Detroit IDI 6.2L & early 6.5L's use similar Pumps & Injectors?

OM616/617 engines will run WVO.

WMO in any vehicle is an environmental nightmare, and bad for the engine. The ash from the oils is going to build up. Prechambers or not.

Biodiesel is great, lubricity, solvency, etc. cut WVO is ok depending upon climate and how you start/warm up/shut down the engine.

WMO, no thanks.
Exactly, when i did the experiment, i was embarassed that people had to breathe the carcinogenic trash billowed out of my tail pipe.

Last edited:
I could be just getting old....But didn't Navistar IDI & GM/Detroit IDI 6.2L & early 6.5L's use similar Pumps & Injectors?
I followed black diesel folks actually using the stuff a decade.

So Yes but the 7.3 keeps the injectors and line much hotter than the 6.2 and the pre chamber design is much different.

Folks with the Ford NA diesels rarely have issues
but the 6.2 and mechanical 6.5 get plugged all the time. The more modern 6.5’s I wouldn’t even think about.

I followed black diesel folks actually using the stuff a decade.

So Yes but the 7.3 keeps the injectors and line much hotter than the 6.2 and the pre chamber design is much different.

Folks with the Ford NA diesels rarely have issues
but the 6.2 and mechanical 6.5 get plugged all the time. The more modern 6.5’s I wouldn’t even think about.
which ford na diesel works the best out of ford? the 7.3? from what years?

Jesus, the exhaust from that must be horrific!! Diesels are toxic enough to be stuck behind at the best of times, this sounds like the most anti social idea ever...
Still better then a modern diesel during a regen and burning DEF.

All the small Japanese diesels will have pre com chambers...they were prone to smoking, so it won't get any better.
would they tolerate some wmo? do you think they would tolerate a 85 percent wmo to 15 percent gasoline?

how do izuzu direct injection diesel engine do on waste motor oil?

Back